Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's way!

It has now been two whole months since D-day! We have all survived. Peter Cottontail is right around the corner ready to spread Easter joy to all the little boys and girls. In our family there will be a ton less candy this year, but more toys (I am sure the kids won’t mind). This year our family,and little Brennen, are going to be getting an extra special gift. One we would have never thought we would ever be praying for, but one we are so excited about: An Omnipod Pump system!!! The pump has arrived and we have been assured training will happen before the holiday. Brennen is so excited! He wore his pretend trial pod around for about 4 days before we had to take it off because it was coming off the sticky part and we wanted to measure it around his arm so we could get him some bands4life arm bands to use with it. It definately pays to be knowledgable and educate yourself on this disease. I feel so lucky to have made so much progress in such a short amount of time. I know that nothing will ever be as good as a functioning pancreas, but I am hoping that once we are on the pod, we never look back. One needle stick every three days beats the hell out of four insulin shots each and every day. I am so proud of Brennen though. He is such a brave little boy and is doing amazing despite all of the shots and finger sticks!

Awww Great to hear that! :smiley: Brennen sounds like SuperBoy. It’s amazing what some Kids can tolerate.

Happy Happy Easter to Brennen you and your Family. Good Luck to him with his new Friend. I’m sure
that he’ll want to name it. :slight_smile:

Great news! My dtr went on the pump just under 3 months of diagnosis and she just had her 6 month check up. She talks about getting the shots like it was YEARS ago :slight_smile: The pump has been a very positive part of diabetes for us (if that makes sense;) and I hope it will be for you too. And yes, he is an amazing, brave little boy!!!