How do you carry your supplies?

Hey All. Do what I did. Go to Wal Mart in the camera department and look for a camera case. You are bound to find one to your liking.

camera cases fit the onetouch ultra mini lancet and test strips perfectly

Hi, do you know the purses from Myabetic? They are made by a woman who is a type 1. I can put it on my big hand bag, or just take it alone. And as my french identity card is too large (my licence to drive too) I put it on the pocket outside. But when I used a normal size bag, I put all in a pink purse. This purse is easy to open. And do you know that I don’t use glucose tablets? I use piece of sugar (one is 5 grammes of sugar) and I take always 8 pieces of sugar with me.
this is my red purse from Myabetic. My Apidra Solostar pen is just behind my cards.

Where do you put your blood glucose strip bottle?

Also would your solostar fit in the back zippered pocket?

I have both the long and short acting I keep together along with the aviva meter, their black lancet, and a ping insulin pump I use for the computer part of keeping track of my IOB.

Plus needle tips. Where do you put your used needle tips?

Thanks,

When I was first diagnosed last January and had to inject insulin, I bought a small video camera case with a shoulder strap, I would carry that with me everywhere I went. After I had my BG levels under control and was told that I didn’t have to use insulin shots anymore, I continued using the carrying case that I bought. I mostly use it on trips when I travel, and therefore everytime that I do, I carry twice as much supplies. Two meters with two landing devices, test strips, lancets, alcohol swabs, snacks, and even a drink. It all fits comfortably and the different compartments keep things from just tumbling around all over the place. You’ll look like a tourist, but it’s safe and doesn’t look odd to carry it around. Besides, you might pick up a girl who wants to be in pictures. :slight_smile:

What is the thing with the lizard in front of the bag?

Two years ago I ordered a case from this website, it has save my life! I hardly ever forget any of my supplies at home anymore, and alot of the cases have cooling features to keep insulin cold if needed. They also have shoulder bags and backpacks too.

i typically carry the following:
-a small case with a meter, test strips, a lancet, and 3-5 pen needles, either in my jacket pocket or my backpack.
-a pen (or 2, if im out past 9:30) which i put in my pocket next to my writing pens.
-several rolls of smarties, which i keep in my pocket.

i have the luxury of being a student and getting to haul a bag around, but i really don’t feel like i carry much stuff around at all. i’m into being sort of discreet and not making my life more difficult than it needs to be with regard to stuff like this.

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-243-voodoo-tactical-molle-compatible-bdu-wallet.aspx

Check out this case! Hold all my stuff, pens, needles, meter, strips, log, book, ink pen, lancets. Plus it is freaking tacticool. Comes with the american flag velco patch. And there are all kinds of velcro patches online to swap them out whenever you want!

I found a very similar pouch at a thrift store, a 5.11 Tactical. Unfortunately, 5.11 doesn’t make it anymore, so I’ll have to order a couple from Voodoo.