How has 2009 treated you?

Your diabetes numbers? Your family? Your job? Your life at large?

How was 2009 for you? Let it out…

What do you look forward to the most in 2010?

A great year, with big challenges and meetings like ADA in New Orleans (40th birthday), ESPE, SLEP and LWES joint meeting in New York, EASD in Vienna, KIGS in Prague, SBD in Fortaleza, Brazil. Good friends, family doing well, happy with a great publication in Dialysis and nephrology transplantation. I hope a better 2010 for everybody

I am OK with my 2009 year. I am better off than many others.

How am I am looking forward to 2010.

1. It will be my 38 Diabetes Type 1 Anniversary Valentines Day, no major complications.
  2. My big excitement is my plan for a pump. I bumped up my Flex Spending Account with anticipation of getting my first pump. I am so excited.
  3. I am praying that we will have some sort of health care reform that will make everyone happy.
  4. I hope continued great conversations on Tu Diabetes.
  5. I am excited that I will be able to be with my daughter when she gets married in the Fall. I am grateful that diabetes has not taken that away from me.
  6. Oh yes, again another year I will hope and pray that there will be someone in the world that will be able to shout out “We have found a Cure”.

I found out that I have a strong genetic predisposition to Type 2 diabetes. And I got laid off from my job. So that was not so good. But I am now healthier, so that’s good. I lost a little weight & could now run a 10K if I wanted to.

Not too good after being diagnosed as a T1. Hopefully 2010 will be better.

This year has been a stressful year. I have learned it does effect blood sugars in different ways. Have had diabetes for 4 years and 2 days now. I am looking forward to better numbers, and LESS STRESS.

Wonderful year!
Improved A1C, decreased medication dosage, controlled bg. (Except, having to lose more weight, LOL) Had a fast recuperation from an accident that happened 2008. Am able to visit and be with my family back home. Wonderful life with my husband. Blessed with God’s blessings of prosperities… Lovely new friends from TuD…What can I still ask for?
=)

2009 has been good & not so good. Some great new beginnings, but also included deaths of loved ones. My husband got his second novel published. That’s been exciting.

Diabetes numbers not good because of gastroparesis causing problems with timing of insulin. That’s my biggest challenge managing the big D.

Work has been too stressful & taking its toll. Wish I knew how to better handle that type of stress & that’s my #1 goal for 2010. More joy & less worrying!

For 2010 (what a nice round number):

Being able to visit family more frequently.
Taking interesting new courses.
Getting back to painting (#2 goal for the new year).
Learning to be healthier.

Wishing all things positive for my Tu D friends.

2009 was soooo great! finished with highschool and did well in exams, finally have a car, met plenty of interesting people and hba1c down from 8.5 to 6.9 :D…and of course finding tudiabetes!
2010 i look forward to a year of freedom, earning some money for university and touring europe. oh and three music festivals woooo !

2009 has actually been really good so far! My numbers have been good, A1C below 7 for almost two years now! My family is healthy and happy, we went to Jamaica for my sisters wedding in May! My brother was strong enough to come as well and has been off of chemo for almost a full year! :slight_smile: My job is crazy busy but a good busy, we have all worked hard and will actually be making a sizable profit over 2008! Tough to do these days! My beautiful girlfriend Molly has been incredibly supportive and has become not only my love but my best friend! :slight_smile: Life is good!

2010:

1. Keep my diabetes under control
  2. Ride my bike even more and participate in a 100 mile race and 12 hour race!
  3. Go on vacation with my girlfriend
  4. Get the promotion I’ve been striving for
  5. Continue to help my family as they recover from my brothers cancer
  6. Rock out!

2009 was pretty good. In the summer of '09 my A1C was at 6.4 and then just a month or two ago it’s now at 6.2. Had a few scary lows, but fortunately nothing where others had to assist me. My little guy turned 2 this year and he’s happy and healthy. I’m very thankful for my family and friends for their love and support.

I’m looking forward to 2010.
This year I’ll be the assistant coach for our varsity softball team (at the high school I graduated from.) I’m a little scared now that I have diabetes, but at the same time - I know I can do it. I know I will be checking my #'s more when I’m at the field. Now I have to be completely aware and paying attention. I dealt with hypoglycemia all through high school and college playing sports, but now being a T1 dealing with insulin and testing frequently - it’s going to be a little different. Scared and excited - all at the same time. Go EAGLES!! :o)

Also in 2010, if the insurance works well with me and financially we could afford a CGM - I might look in to getting one! Woot!
This coming year I’d like to start eating better and exercise daily. I’m going to set up a specific plan with goals and a reward system.

Last but not least - even though having diabetes may be a total inconvenience and a pain in the rear… I know it’s made me a better person and I now trust God more and knowing that He’s got a plan for my life, He’s in control, and He’s not going to give me more than I can handle (Jer. 29:11, 1 Cor. 10:13).

Praying for you guys! You all rock and we can all do this together!

Thanks for listening,

Lindsey O.

@lindseyorourke

@009 wasn’t my best year on all those fronts. What I look forward to the most in 2010 is my new grandson!