I bought the book

So, i went and bought The First Year: Type 2 Diabetes: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed during my lunch break. Last week, my youngest sister (16), got mad at me and in anger, she blurted out "IT'S YOUR FAULT YOU HAVE DIABETES," which she apologized for the next morning. So, Day 1: It's Not Your Fault, really hit home when I saw the title.

I've been skimming through the pages and it looks like it is going to be pretty helpful to me, in terms of questions I may have. An extra bonus, I have my first Diabetes/Weight Management class this Thursday, so any more questions I have, I can ask there. I'm curious to know what exactly will it be like. Anybody? I know that each week has topics that will be discussed, but is it like a group thing, sit in a circle, etc. Any insight into the goings on of these meetings would be appreciated. Just so I'm prepared.

My BG level this morning was 90. I'm pretty happy. I've been in the 90s for about a week now. The nurse/counselor I saw last thursday said that my numbers were really good and it looks like the metformin is working for me. Yay! She's also happy about the weightloss and I even told her about sugarstats.com. She had never heard about it, so she is going to take a look. I really like that site. I'm going to mention tudiabetes.com at the class too.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Take Care!

Yay for being in the 90’s. I’ve been in the 90’s lately too, which is not exactly what I want to see, but I’m content. I used to think it is my own fault that I got diabetes too. It took me a lot of crying to figure out it’s not true.