I keep getting a sensor failure during warmup. What now?

I had to remove my sensor and transmitter for an MRI today, as discussed in an earlier post. After it was over, I put on a new sensor and inserted the transmitter and then started the two-hour warmup. Several times, I have gotten the message, “Sensor failed. Replace sensor now.” So, I restart the two-hour warmup, but I can’t seem to get through it without getting the failure message. Do I just need to ditch this sensor and put on another?

Or you could call the Dexcom 24-hour help line listed on the back of your receiver. If they cannot get the sensor to work, they’ll likely replace this sensor.

3 Likes

I’d definitely call Dexcom, if only to get the free sensor.

1 Like

I called Dexcom as suggested. They said just replace the sensor. They are sending me two sensors, one to replace the one I had to remove for the MRI and a second to replace the one that failed.

1 Like

Glad to read you got the help you needed. That help-line is staffed 24/7 and you can even get help with their online data analysis software, Clarity. I don’t often call, but when I do they almost always solve my problem. I hope your new sensor is working well for you.

A sensor failed with a newly inserted sensor during warmup is almost always a failed sensor wire deployment - it just happens sometimes.