I see where Tandem bought the SugarMate app

I just added SugarMate to my phone. I like it a lot, but since Tandem owns the app, it would be nice if T:Connect mobile would share data such as basal and bolus, or is that asking too much?

I do like SugarMate showing my BG on Apple Watch. Since the last watch update the Dexcom complication is often unreliable or gone.

Now if Apple would get off their high horse and allow SugarMate to display BG on the exercise profiles. Once again, I suspect I am wishing in one hand and spitting in the other, ending up with a handful of spit.

Nope, it’s not too much to ask, but I don’t know if you’re going to get it in the SugarMate app

Tandem is getting ready to launch a new integrated data platform this year, Tandem Source. It’s all about giving you the data you want, wherever you want if, and using it to provide insights into your management. It’s also going to allow 3rd party integrations

I don’t know what apps are going to display the information on watches, if it’s sending information to SugarMate or if there’s an all new Source app, but it’s coming one way or another

1 Like

I was thinking they bought the Sugarmate ap so they could use the programming in their new tandem ap.

I really like sugarmate and the way the data is presented.

Mine was down about a month while they switched over, but it works normally now except sometimes sugarmate will stop collecting data if you haven’t opened the ap in a while

I’ve only used Sugarmate for the last few months after reading all the positive reviews here. The amount of information crammed into a small space reminds me of nautical charts. I love the way some info assumes you know what you’re looking at. This bit of information display looks elegant to me.

The first time I saw this, I puzzled about what it meant but several other portions of the screen involved clearly labelled % below, % in range, and % above. The BG average and SD can easily be guessed.

I hope that Tandem permits this app to continue.

You are aware that by tapping on the summary line it displays full metrics from current and past days?

1 Like

Yes, I did stumble over that by tapping around. I like the way they keep their primary display clean, yet also give more details for those interested.

By the way, I just discovered that I can select which data fields I want populated in the detail display.

Indeed. Until 2 weeks ago you could view A1C there, but like others they too have dropped it.