I want my CGM linked to my car dashboard

Very true. The developer option only works when the phone is plugged in. But in fairness, that’s exactly how you said you used it. :slight_smile:

True, there is no Dexcom app for CarPlay but there is a way… Sugarmate is a fantastic app for IOS and Mac, and it displays your BG number and trend on the Apple Watch and CarPlay using the Calendar app. After you set it to follow your Dexcom app it will make a calendar event every 5 minutes and titles it with your bg number and then shows an arrow and a number that shows how much it has changed since the last reading. Here is the CarPlay display with the calendar highlighted. And no it doesn’t create dozens of events that clog up your calendar, it just makes one event and then keeps updating that event with the current time and number so it is always a the top of the display.

Here is a link to an image of the CarPlay screen, just type the HTTPS at the beginning of this Line (still can’t post pics or links in this forum? aargh)
://drive.google.com/open?id=1M5cCR8ZxJXUFCQXB7PIvKZ6C0LWqKFTC

I also prefer Sugarmate to Dexcoms app on the iPhone, it has predictive alarms that are better than Dexcoms dumb alarms and can even be set to call your phone or your spouses phone if you are crashing while sleeping and not hearing the phone based alarms. And it is free.

Andy

1 Like

I went low tech and attached a cell phone holder to my heater/AC vent. I put my Dexcom receiver in the holder where it is easy to reach and see.

Bill

Hmm, I never even thought about putting my Dex receiver, which I otherwise don’t use, in my car for such a purpose. Duh to me!

This is possible today with an iPhone and CarPlay. Use sugarmate which allows you to either:

1. Ask Siri for your latest reading while driving

2. View your latest reading on the Calendar within the CarPlay screen

Agreed. I kind of get a kick out of asking Siri my blood sugar. She not only tells me what it is, but what the arrow is. (BTW, I don’t have sugarmate. You can ask Siri using Dexcom’s app, too.)
Also, with iPhone, you can set Auto-Lock to Never (in the Settings under Display & Brightness) and have the phone set up somewhere where you can glance at it without taking your eyes off the road for too long though I think asking Siri is better since you don’t have to take your eyes off the road at all.

Asking Siri works as long as your not using your car for business with customers, etc. I also don’t think if works if you’re on a call. Does Siri work if you have the radio on?

Agree 100% about SugarMate, although using it with Apple Watch has a few bugs.

I have been looking for displaying G6 glucose readings continuously or intermittently on my PC screen, so that I could take action accordingly without tapping into my iPhone. Sugarmate can do it. Under “Other Devices”, it allows for sending data to 1) Web, 2) Apple Watch, and 3) Max IS X.

If you jailbreak your iPhone you can get an AP that allows you to show any iPhone program to show on your cars apple play. It’s not illegal you are not watching a movie. It’s sensor data updated in 5 min intervals. But really the car play people ought to add in the sensor apps. I wonder if anyone has asked them. You could also get a script to get Siri to announce your sugars every 5 min the same way messages are announced. But again requires jailbreak.