Infusion sets

I tell ya, I absolutely HATE the Orbit 90s compared to the Orbit Micros - why? Because the gauge on the 90s is so thick that I felt I was lacerating myself each time - with the micros, I barely even know it’s going in.

Since I got the Animus pump I have been using the set that came with it. No problems. I never heard of the Orbit Things so thanks to all for the info. Nevertheless, I have had absolutely no problems with what I have so for the moment I will stick with it. (Also no pun intended!)

Moral of the story - If you like what you use - stay with it; if you need a new infusion set try a couple samples before you buy. Most insurance companies like 90 day orders and don’t buy them without trying them. Most companies will send samples. If they wont send a sample, I would not use them.

There are some worth trying that don’t send samples, but what I did when I was trying to decide was had my supplier (who handled many different types), make up a 90 day order out of 10-day increments. Got to try a lot of different ones that way.

Ins comps do like 90 day supplies…I have that with my dex and I have lots of lancets to last me quite some time! I dont know what to do with them all.

Stop ordering if you have too many. Thats what drives up the health care bill - They will stop sending the lancets if you tell them to stop. If you have too many Dexcom sensors, I know someone who would be happy to take them off your hands!!

I have 2 more sensors left :)…I need to email my supplier to let them know I need more sensors but will need a new authorization for them. But I am getting excited about getting my ping more than my CGM LOL

Gee - I can use a single lancet for months! (I know, bad!) I think I am still on my first box from my initial diagnosis almost 30 years ago. Well, maybe not the first.
Jeff

Jeff that is why I have way too many of them but thats good though…Maybe it will teach me to change it when I’m suppose to. Maybe I’ll begin to do that method once I get my pump. I mean if I change my sensor every 7 days and the infusion sets need to be changed every 2-3 days, then I must do good practices for the lancets.

I’m sorry - I think there are MANY OTHER FACTORS driving up the cost of health care.

I agree, but the habits of automatic orders because its covered causes many to receive itens that they dont use. The supply houses love to ship it out. I have had the same problem. Look at Ebay lots of people selling supplies that they received on insurance because “it was covered”

You are right it is only the tip of the iceberg. A bigger and valid cause of increasing cost is all the new treatments that are discovered and that the consumers want to use - rightfully so!

My son uses the Inset straight set and before he uses the inserter on himself, he sets and then manually pushed the inserter a few times to weaken it , which gets rid of the bounce.