Infusion site issues

Changed my set today. Because the area on my thigh, where my last set was, had been irritating me (mostly itchy and slightly sore), I decided it was time to move to a different area entirely for a while. Used a arm site, even though I see somewhat slower absorption there… That started me thinking about it – it seems like the areas that tend to have the best or fasted absorption also get the most irritated! I’ve stopped using my belly for infusion sites altogether because of the irritation I get there. Thighs are better, but, as he last couple site demonstrated, tend to get irritated as well. Arm sites seem to get the least irritated (so far)…

Doe it make sense that the “better” infusion sites are also the ones that get the most annoying reaction?

Yes, I think so. The most recommended infusion sites are going to have a fair amount of subcutaneous layer AND capillaries. The white blood cells (aka - minions) are gonna get excited and since there are a bunch more of them around, well …

Well, my minions will just have to find other ways to get their excitement. I’m sticking with more comfortable sites for the most part.

I rotate like a clock, front of each thigh, left and right buttock, left and right side of love handles, then up to the arms, start over after that and that gives the first site a good 2-3 weeks to recover. I get my best results with stomach but still rotate and try to hit them all so to say…