INSANITY Blogs! 9 days DOWN! WOOHOO!

Day 9 “INSANITY” Plyo Cardio Circuit! Doggin It!
August 5, 2009 8:25 AM
Ugh! Today is not my day. I’m not sure if I’m dehydrated or needing a few more calories. I just woke up very tired. I didn’t sleep great and I paid the price for that in my workout. I even had a pre-workout banana and drank lots of water and still felt weak. I made it all the way through the workout, but just didn’t have much energy. Days like this drive me crazy. I don’t have them often, but when I do I let it get to me. Life happens! You can’t control that. I’m pretty sure being awake most of the night contributed to how I’m feeling today. I’m still proud of myself for getting up and pushing through the workout because honestly I wanted to sleep instead. I’m just very determined to complete this program and that determination keeps me going!! I realize there are going to be days easier than others and the key is just working through them the best you can without giving up!

My blood sugars are fantastic. I woke up at 75 and after exercise I was at 120. I’ve been able to maintain these #'s throughout the day and into the evening. This is by far probably the best I’ve ever done with my sugars. It does wonders for my health to stay this stable, so I’m very pleased with my results! Considering I’m adding in extra carbs and calories and still remaining even is awesome! I want Type 1 diabetics out there to know just how possible it is to be on low amounts of insulin and still have excellant control. Type 2 is the most common diabetes and it can be controlled with diet and exercise. But Type 1 diabetics are forced to take insulin since their pancreas no longer works and insulin keeps them alive! Prob is there are so many side effects with insulin that I think its nice to know that with diet and exercise they too can control their sugars and not take so much insulin! Hopefully after 60 days I can really prove that point!

I know this about myself! The surest way to get me to do something, is to tell me I can’t!!! :slight_smile:

August 4, 2009 - Tuesday

Day 8 “INSANITY” Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs! Pure SWEAT!
August 4, 2009 8:37 AM
“I’m NOT trying to hurt you, I’m trying to Make YOU BETTER!” (Shaun T). I LOVE when he says that in this workout!! Cause by that point I’m thinking Ouch, ouch, ouch! :slight_smile: But the whole being BETTER makes me push through! Great workout today. Like I’ve said I love Pure Cardio. The no breaks thing really forces you to focus and push through. I also love the amount of sweat pouring down! Proof that I’m working hard and I feel a little more confident today than I did yesterday! I tossed in Cardio Abs today for the heck of it and I’m glad I did. It was a nice addition and I can def feel it in my abs. I think these two vids go great together!

On the diabetes side of things I’m still thrilled! Woke up at 90 this morning and after exercise I was 127. Now I’m at 100. So its going awesome! I’ve been noticing how much more level my blood sugars seem to be staying. I’ve struggled in the past with my sugars being like a rollercoaster. Constantly up and then down. That makes me feel so horrible, but since doing INSANITY I’m feeling great. I think that is because my sugars are stable. Exercise clearly helps so much in stabilizing things. I have to say though there is something about the intensity of INSANITY that is helping me even more than all the exercise I’ve done in the past! So I guess going crazy isn’t so bad afterall :slight_smile:

The INSANITY diet is working for me too! I’ve been following the book pretty close and I’m not having high blood sugars. The extra carbs are not raising my sugars much at all. Of course most of them are low glycemic, so I can add them in just fine, without seeing a rapid raise in my sugars. So all in all I’m very comfortable with following this diet and think its also part of the reason my sugars are so stable.

One more thing that has been so great about all of this is my WOWY workout buddies! I got an email yesterday from one of them telling me I was an inspiration to them and helped keep them going! I thought Really? cause I thought it was the other way around! You are my inspiration! Seriously I don’t think of myself as that, its the knowing someone else is out there working out with me that makes me get up and keep going! Being accountable to someone keeps me committed. If it wasn’t for my buddies I’m not sure I’d be near as committed! I def need them as much or more than they need me!

Enlarge your vision! Dare to believe for greater things!!! :slight_smile:

Beachbody Coach Jen Mangum
www.teambeachbody.com/jenmangum
beachbodyjen@yahoo.com

Monday Morning Maniac! Day 7 INSANITY! Cardio Power and Resistance!
August 3, 2009 9:24 AM

Wow my lazy day Sunday paid off! I relaxed and took advantage of the day to just chill with my beautiful family. I did go walking, but it was more of a breathe in the fresh air and enjoy myself kind of walk! I love Sundays. I always try to make them special and love on my kids and husband! Sundays are the greatest! Granted I probably don’t eat as well as I should on Sunday and tend to cheat now and then. Something about refusing to follow a schedule on that day makes me at bit rebellious towards health LOL! I’m getting better all the time, but its still my day to play once in awhile! I’m human! I’m getting there, but I’m far from perfect!

I woke up with a ton of energy this morning and that felt great. I was so ready to workout! I really love Cardio Power and Resistance and I’m getting better at it all the time. My pushups are really coming along nicely and I can feel my shoulders getting stronger. So I’m way proud of those results after just one week! Shaun T. is so inspiring. I love how he pumps you up constantly. Its almost like he’s in the room with you and man it keeps me going! He better just keep adding to this INSANITY collection!!!

Considering I didn’t eat fantastic yesterday my blood sugars were good this morning. I woke up at 80 and I’ve maintained that # all morning. Even the workout didn’t raise it much. So my body is adjusting well to these workouts. My blood sugars actually seem better than they ever have. So no complaints here. I have a doc appt on Aug 14th and I’ll get a # of tests run. I’ll let everyone know what those results are and then I’ll have them run again in 60 days and see where I’m at. Like I keep saying I believe my diabetes is going to just keep getting better and better! I’m gonna prove all those docs out there that say always ONLY take it easy and pump up the insulin WRONG!!! :slight_smile: I’m already on LESS insulin and my sugars are going down, down, down! :slight_smile: WOOHOO!
“Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”
Smiles Jen :slight_smile:

beachbodyjen@yahoo.com

http://teambeachbody.com/showcase/-/bcp/29029121001/19811?referringRepId=19811 CHECK OUT INSANITY!!!

August 2, 2009 - Sunday
One week Down! Day 6 “INSANITY” Plyo Cardio!

I’m PROUD OF ME! lol :slight_smile: I kicked butt today! So I’m def on the cocky side LOL :slight_smile: Just kidding! Not really :wink: This is the second time I’ve done this workout this week and I’m amazed how much easier I got through it this time. What a great way to end the week of workouts. I hope everybody who is doing this workout is patting themselves on the back. Actually if you’ve done any working out at all, you should pat yourself on the back. Especially on a Sat! I ALWAYS struggle working out on Saturday! Its just one of those days for me where the bed looks better than anything else LOL! Not the case this morning though, so maybe I’m heading in the right direction! Great first week! Looking forward to Monday! Though I’m gonna enjoy my lazy day Sunday. Maybe go on a walk, but not much more than that!

My diabetes is treating me well today. Woke up at 87 and after working out was only up to 110! So thats the best reading yet. I did have a slight low blood sugar last night. I keep forgetting to eat before bed to help that out! I just hate eating before bed. I always worry it will slow down my results on the working out side of things. I just know I don’t have much of a choice with my disease. I have to be safe first! Its just not always easy. I’m stubborn! :slight_smile: I’m beyond thrilled with my blood sugar readings for this first week on INSANITY!! So far I’m not seeing any negative effects and that is exactly what I was hoping for!

I found this interesting. Mark Briggs sent this to me yesterday. I’m such a weight lifting junkie and I’ve been having such a difficult time NOT lifting weights at some point through the week. SO much so, that I did a Chalene Extreme workout Tues afternoon and P90X workout thursday afternoon. I just can’t get it through my head that I can live without weights! I told Mark about it and he sent me this article. I’m sure some have already read it because he said he posted it on facebook. All I know is it helped me rethink some of my thoughts and I thought maybe it might help others who might be thinking like me! Thanks MARK! U r the MAN :slight_smile:
http://findarticles.com/p/..articles/mi_m0801/is_2_69/..ai_n24220136/?tag=content;..col1

Anyways I believe I’m on my way to becoming an INSANITY addict and I’m so ok with that :slight_smile: Good times!!!

beachbodyjen@yahoo.com
www.teambeachbody.com/jenm..angum
970-641-2186

July 31, 2009 - Friday
I CAN SEE THE LIGHT!!! Day 5 INSANITY! PURE CARDIO :slight_smile:
Never in a million years did I think I’d say that power knees and mountain climbers felt like a break!!! Wow what a workout! I admit I had to stop a few times in this workout. That no break thing is TOUGH, but man does it work you. I think this will be one of my fav workouts in this month. I think I keep saying that LOL! This was fun, intense, sweaty, and completely crazy! Being the weight lifting junkie that I am, I never thought I’d say this, but I can’t believe what a cardio junkie Shaun T is turning me into! I feel AMAZING and I’m ready for more!! All this getting your heart rate up is giving me an all time HIGH!!! AWESOME!

On the blood sugar side of things. I woke up at 76, so that was super! After working out I was at 137. Things are going great there! I can’t wait til I get my A1c checked out and see where this program takes me in 60 days. I was reflecting yesterday when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. Man what a terrible day that was. I seriously thought the world was going to end. The thought of injecting needles into my stomach, or anywhere for that matter, scared me to death! I’m afraid of needles anyway! That was 10 years ago and wow have I come a long way. Funny how hard things seem at first and how you never really believe there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I kind of look at INSANITY that way! At first you think "there is no way in hell I can do this!!"and then suddenly you start to get stronger and stronger with every drop of sweat. Having a disease is no different than taking on any challenge. If you make it through you’ll be stronger, more confident, sexier, happier, healthier… person!!! Theres always a light!!! I’m living PROOF :slight_smile: You just gotta keep going until you see it…
I just ran out of Shakeology! It should be arriving today! I PRAY! Talk about turning into a psycho!!! lol :slight_smile: So I had to change up my diet a bit today. I had eggs instead this morning. So I’m pacing the floor waiting for that UPS man to show up!!! I will hunt him down if he doesn’t LOL :slight_smile: I didn’t realize I was this addicted to that shake, until I didn’t have it! Clearly I have some issues!!! :slight_smile:

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. "

Happy Friday! Life is good :slight_smile:

beachbodyjen@yahoo.com

I miss seeing your photos in your blog posts.

Hi
Congrats sounds like you are doing greatI
am type 1 for 43 yrs. I did the P90X and I am now thinking of doing Insanity. Do you have any suggestions, comments, things to change or look out for?
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks