Iphone 8plus and g6 clarity and share apps

Has anyone had difficulty with the referenced iphone and Dexcom ? Consistently loses bluetooth connectivity. Any troubleshooting or solutions much appreciated.

I have a iphone 8 plus and G6. It rarely loses connectivity. There have been some people that have mentioned that in the past, it’s been a while though. There were several theories I believe, one of which was how much interference from things around you ??

But there are mentions of it in this thread, before and after this post.

And this thread

Notwithstanding my post from the earlier thread, quoted by @Marie20, I’ve had increasing BT dropouts over the last couple of transmitter lifespans. At one point I contacted Dexcom and complained because it was averaging like half a dozen times a day, and I’d done all of the stuff you’re supposed to do. They replaced the transmitter, but they also said it could be b/c I had updated to current IOS and Dexcom routinely lags by a couple of versions. So ok, I guess, but I mean Bluetooth is Bluetooth pretty much—I would have guessed it would either work or not, but what do I know? I’m not a programmer, I just play one on TV. Actually I don’t do that either.

One thing to check: do you have OLD transmitter connections still listed under BT Settings on your iPhone? You should identify your current one and “forget” the others. Easy to do: just get the SN from your current G6 session. The last two characters are used to form the BT ID, e.g. “DexcomFC.” The way the 5-minute check-in works, the transmitter just scans the list of connections looking for the Dexcom one, and if there are a whole bunch of old ones in there it can get the wrong one.

And welcome to TUD—it’s a very helpful, supportive community full of experienced people. Hope you stick around!

2 Likes

This is key and has been the issue whenever I had issues with iPhones regularly losing connection to Dexcom. I try to remember to do it when I change transmitters now but I sometimes forget!

1 Like

Not sure but whether Tandem does this automatically, which could explain people having better luck with connecting that way.

I was having issues when I kept closing the app (swiping it up and close). When I keep it open always, it works fine. I have the iPhone 11 max pro.

Thanks everyone for suggestions. Still working on resolving it. Dexcom doesn’t have a handle on this yet and have escalated the issue.

1 Like