Is Dexcom app working with IOS 14 on iPhone?

I called Medtronic yesterday and the woman told me it was I0S 14 was not on iphone yet. My Iphone keeps reminding me to update, but I’m waiting.

L112,

I got a new iPhone 12, 2 and a half weeks ago. It has the latest version of IOS14, version 14.2.1. Two days ago, I installed the Dexcom G6 app on the phone, and it runs fine. I haven’t checked all functions, but I haven’t noticed any indications of problems.

Dave

@zatff: No problems with the Dexcom G6 app, iPhone 7 and iOS 14.1?

I wasn’t having an issue with ios 14.2 on iphone 7plus until tonight. After talking twice with Dexcom support they latched onto the IOS version and basically stopped trying to help.

This is absurd. I’ve got $10 widgets from China that had their app updates out in time for IOS 14 but Dexcom can’t do it?

Cgm are regulated medical devices. The apps have to have what’s called change control. It is long and tedious. It has to be checked and rechecked and validated.
It’s nothing like an unregulated ap from China.

What kind of issues did you experience?

I updated to iOS 14.3 yesterday and thus far, Dexcom is working fine.

@Trying: Which iPhone do you have? It seems like there are more issues with older models like my iPhone 7 Plus, that´s why I ask.

1 Like

Running 14.3 on iPhone 8. No issues.

1 Like

I use iphone SE 2020, the new one.

1 Like

UPDATE

I am using an iPhone 12 pro max with iOS 14.2.1

I use Dexcom G6, t:Connect, Sugarmate, Clarity.

Hope this helps.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and I want to use the Dexcom widget however sometimes you unlock the phone and the widget isn’t updated and shows a blank screen, no glucose number. Well if there is no glucose there the widget is absolutely useless to me. I have checked all my settings and everything is where it needs to be, I’m trying to figure out why sometimes it seems to update and sometimes it’s black. Same thing with the Apple Watch SE I wear.

Great technology just needs some tinkering!

IOS 14.3 works fine on iPhone 12 Pro Max. I’ve heard SugarMate works best with it but haven’t tried it.

@BradP, the code behind Sugarmate is written for iOS 13. Any iPhone with iOS 13 or 14 will handle Sugarmate the same. Only difference is if 5G is up and running. The Verizon network is handling 5G at nearly 500 Mbps up and down with a jitter of 12ms & ping to the Sugarmate server at an average of 12 ms.

I am using an iPhone 12 pro max with new update to iOS 14.3

I use Dexcom G6, t:Connect, Sugarmate, Clarity.

Hope this helps…

Just to clarify the Dexcom app itself works fine, it’s the widget and getting updated glucose data in the background so that when I unlock the phone and view my Home Screen the glucose reading is there.

I have iphone 8+ with IOS 14.2 but cannot connect to DexComm App. Bluetooth to DexcommQE will not connect. Any suggestions on how to resolve?

I would go into Bluetooth settings and delete your dexcom from the list.
Then pair it up again
That’s always worked for me

If I have deleted Dexcom from BT, can I pair again without replacing sensor/transmitter? So, the sensor/transmitter is working with the Dexcom Display Device, just not able to pair and work with iphone App

Not sure how to get transmitter to re-pair with phone over BT

Thanks!