Does anyone check with Dexcom first before they allow Apple to update your phone? My husband has been calling Dexcom almost daily to see if it is ok to update to 13.4. Just today they OK’d that update and this afternoon Apple said it’s time to update to 13.6.
I’ve never checked. Apple releases beta’s to developers for testing several weeks before releasing to the public. I expect Dexcom to test ahead of time and alert us if there is an issue before the release.
I don’t have any info but I would assume Apple/Dexcom have a direct line of communication because any breakage would be bad for both companies.
Safest thing to do is wait for Dexcom to approve an iOS version but that probably means you’ll be many months behind on your iOS updates.
Personally I don’t really worry about it, if it breaks I bet it gets fixed really fast!
I update my Apple last night and all still works.
I have been waiting for Dexcom to catch up with Apple since 12.3.1 (which is what I am still running!)
I check this compatability page all the time, but they are always behind: https://www.dexcom.com/iphone-x
For the G6 it currently says:
Dexcom Products compatible with iPhone X
Dexcom G6 app iOS 11 - 13.1.3, 13.3.1 - 13.4.1, 13.5, 13.5.1, 13.6
For this reason, I will have entirely skipped 13.X and don’t know if Dexcom will catch up to 14 before Apple releases 15
I’m on IOS 14.2.1, with an iPhone 12 Mini. Neither is officially supported but I’m not seeing any problems.
Thanks DrBB, my phone only has iOS 14.2 available right now, so I’ll wait until 14.2.1 is open to me.