Its been a while!

Hello Everyone!

It has been such a long time since my last post! (Which was just a corny animation, mind you). I think a part of me avoids coming back to TuDiabetes for fear of discovering my current weaknesses. But I also always know that venting my frustrations and worries never goes unseen or misunderstood. That is the beauty of this site.

Aside from Diabetes, my life is all over the place. Just started my second semester of Archaeology and Anthropology and because everything else in my life is a slight mess I can't seem to keep motivated or enjoy the ride. I am currently waiting on a de facto visa for my boyfriend in Thailand (this is now the 4th time we have been separated) and it has really taken a toll on my spirit and health. I just keep trying everyday to maintain some form of routine - though it is rarely successful. Not to mention the job I've held since last year March couldn't care less about having me back since I left for Thailand 3 months ago. So I am low on funds and low on pride.

All in all, things are a bit of a mess.

But after lots of crying, lots of mood swings and terrible blood sugars, my loving parents gave me this great analogy (not sure if that is the correct wording...) It has been helping me gradually, so it might come in handy for those of you who read this with a similar mindset. You have probably heard this before and might not even sound like a particularly good way of looking at things, take it as you will.

I have a problem with overwhelming myself with too many things at once. I create endless lists (intended to get my life on track), lists which never truly work and I end up avoiding issues altogether.

So my parents basically said. If you are looking at a picture of three ducks, you can never really look at all of their details at the same time. Its impossible. You have to look at each one in isolation to get a sense of what each looks like. (Don’t get literal on me please!) So now I try to look at my problems (University, visa, health, diabetes, etc) from which is most important/essential, and work my way down. Things seem to fall into place if you tackle one problem at a time. Right now, University is my duck, because I cannot control the visa and my mind is not in the right place for health.

It may seem so obvious to you. It may help you. Either way I found it very useful. Just to remind myself to take one step at a time.

I hope you are all well!

Leena.

Dear friend,

All i can say is that its hard and we all go trough different stories and events with this diabetic life. Hang in there as much as u can!! Hugs.