This recipe is NOT carb friendly so if you got to bolus I suggest you do it
1 cup rice
1 pound 80% ground beef
16 oz taco sauce
14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes ( I get the ones that have celery, green pepper in the)
2 green or red bell peppers
1 can of diced green chilies
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 8oz can tomato sauce (I use it to keep things a bit liquidy)
1 can of chipotle peppers (if you use the ones In adobo sauce the recipe comes out tasking smoky) optional, i only ended up putting 3 peppers in the dish)
1 medium onion
- Start by dicing your peppers and onion. Set them aside
- Brown your ground beef in a large skillet and cook your rice in a separate pot according to directions ( I use the 10 min rice in a bag cause I have a tendency of burning rice)
- Once beef is cooked drain off the grease.
- Add your canned tomatoes with juice and the green chilies with juices (do not drain) and tomato sauce
- Bring to a simmer and add your bell peppers and cooked rice (keep skillet at a simmer)
- Add chipotle peppers if you are using them, keep skillet at a simmer
- Allow the liquids to reduce by ½ or thicken up then transfer to a container.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
Serve with tortilla chips or my favorite corn chips (the Frito scoops work well with this recipe)