Lemon Bliss Balls

I’m looking into some form of collaboration between TuDiabetes and FurtherFood.com, to bring our community creative, delicious and diabetes-friendly recipes. Further Food is a brand new site with a strong focus on presenting recipes that work for people with different health conditions (on the site you can choose your condition to get a list of recipes for it), including diabetes, along with dietician commentary on each recipe, stories from people who have the different conditions, and more. I think it’s a great concept! Please try this recipe, check out their website, and let me know what you think!

Lemon Bliss Balls
FurtherFood.com

PREP TIME: 10 MINS +
TIME TO COOL IN FRIDGE
COOK TIME: 0
SERVINGS: 8

INGREDIENTS

• ¾ cup almond meal
  • ¼ cup desiccated (or unsweetened, shredded) coconut
  • ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
  • 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
  • Zest of 1/2 lemon
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
  • extra desiccated or shredded coconut for rolling

INSTRUCTIONS
Add everything to a food processor and pulse until combined.
Place the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes until it is soft but not sticky.
Roll 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time into a ball and then coat in extra desiccated coconut (or shredded coconut).

Place in a container and store in the fridge. Eat chilled.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Per Serving: Calories: 180; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 1mg; Potassium: 7mg; Carbohydrate: 8g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 3g

Nutrition Bonus: Iron: 3%

1 Like

I am impressed. First because Emily is up at 3am. And second that these recipes are low carb friendly. I’ll check it out further.

1 Like

I am impressed with the entire website. I’m always looking for new LCHF recipes and this site delivers!!

I will try a few of the recipes and report back.

Sarah :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like