Looking for a new Endo

Getting to be two years since we moved from Boston (actually Somerville) down to CT and I guess I need to bite the bullet and find a new Endo down here. I still love my current one but the Medicare 3-month visit requirement is a pain for traveling 2.5 hrs away. I’m now in Deep River, about 1/2 hr from New Haven. Main health providers here are Yale and Middlesex Health. I can do either. Anyone have a recommendation? My current endo pretty much lets me run my show (last A1c 5.8), though she’s had some useful off-label recommendations (Jardiance). My main concerns are just getting the accursed Medicare crap done on time and stuff like that. Feel free to DM me if you prefer.

1 Like

Congratulations. You get the chance to see the best Endocrinologist in the state of Connecticut.
Dr. Breatrez Tendler at UCONN. I’ve been under her care for the past 20 years. Started see her at the V.A Hospital, but she quit them because of the way the V.A. was handling medication. So I followed her to UCONN. My wife, son, and niece also see her.

1 Like

Hi, @DrBB – seeing this a few months late, but as these things go, a reply might still be helpful?

I was first diagnosed and my T1D managed in New Haven, CT and had an amazing endo I would recommend in a heartbeat – Dr. Barbara Gulanski. I don’t know how much longer she’ll practice, but if I lived in the area again, I would go back to her.

As you know, the first criterion for any new provider decision would be what your insurance requires / allows, though, so I wish you luck!

1 Like

I have nothing but good things to say about my Endo Dr Robert Oberstein. I, too, am mostly Middlesex Health as i live in Middletown. He’s with Starling Group and affiliated with Hartford Hospital. He uses several office in Farmington, Glastonbury and Bloomfield.

1 Like