Love to cook and eat? Introduce yourself here!

Greek Stuffed Bell Peppers - Note: this is a tangy recipe which I love, but if you aren't into tangy foods then this may not be for you...

4 Bell Peppers

1 Can of Black Beans

1 lb Ground Lamb

1/2 bag of frozen artichoke hearts, finely chopped

1/2 large white onion, finely chopped

1 small container of sliced mushrooms, finely chopped

1 Large can of crushed tomatoes

1 frozen package of spinach (optional)

1 juice of lemon

2 T Dried Dill

a dash of Oregano

1 container of Feta Cheese

Salt

In a baking dish safe for microwaving, pour half the can of crushed tomatoes over the bottom.

In an electric skillet brown the ground lamb, then mix in the onion and mushrooms, once softened add in the artichoke hearts and spinach. Pour the rest of the can of crushed tomatoes in with the mixture. Add the lemon juice, dill and oregano... simmer for approximately 5-7 minutes.

In the meantime, cut the tops of peppers off and rinse out the seeds, then fill with lamb mixture and place in prepped baking dish. Once all are in the dish, top liberally with Feta cheese.

Cover with plastic wrap and place in microwave for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then serve. For extra tangy-ness, squeeze another half of lemon over the top of the feta before serving.

Had a craving for donuts but the carbs are awful for the most part... I found a recipe that looks pretty good. I'm going to try it... If you all know any others please let me know!
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-dessertmisc08.html