Low carb pasta?

I just bought a brand of pasta called Dreamfields. anyone have tried this brand? They have a website http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com
I’ll post my BG measurements when I try this out.

Test 4 or 5 hours after eating and you may get a nasty surprise.

Dreamfields slows down the digestion of the carbs, but they don’t magically disappear, the way they claim on the label. Eventually they do digest, all 50 or so grams per serving. If you don’t have much second phase insulin response you’ll see that spike hours later.

I always see a higher fasting blood sugar after eatng Dreamfield’s too. Family members with normal blood sugars who eat it report extremely unpleasant gas, because the delay in digestion means that it ferments in the gut.

Finally, the portion size is 2 oz. Weigh it out on a food scale and you’ll find that you probably are eating more than 1 portion.

Have you ever made “spaghetti” by using a vegetable peeler to make thin strips out of zucchini and steaming them lightly? It goes well with most sauces and saves you 100 grams of carb or more, plus a ton of calories.

Since I’m not on a pump, this delayed digestion and BG spike would not be as easily controlled. Before my Dx my usual portion size of spaghetti is about 8 oz, a giant bowl to satisfy my appetite. I cannot imagine eating less than 4oz of spaghetti. I’m tempted to try it, but maybe I should wait till I get my CGM so that I can record this with much more accuracy.

I have tried spaghetti squash. It’s a bit more effort than regular spaghetti and the results were good. The other squash plants (butternut, acorn, sweet dumpling) has significantly more carbs.

I can’t recall if I’ve tried that brand or not. I think I may have. I know I haven’t liked any of the low-carb pastas I’ve tried. The carb savings is minimal if it even exists. I don’t know why they say to subtract the fiber grams from the carb grams if it’s got more than 5g fiber because when I’ve done that, I end up high later. I use the total carbs to calculate my insulin no matter how much fiber is in something, but I do a combo bolus, and that’s worked really well for me. Pasta is just not worth it though. The serving size is so laughable unless I decide to OD on carbs, so unless I have a ton of fresh veggies and protein to make up for the paltry serving, I don’t bother. I do prefer the whole wheat varieties because at least they have some nutritional merit, but my husband only eats regular so I just never make it. The only times I eat it are if I’m out and it accompanies whatever I’ve ordered, or if that’s what I’m served at someone else’s house.