Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm Revel Insulin Pump User Tips and Tricks You use Hourly Daily Weekly and Monthy

MiniMed Paradigm Revel Insulin Pump Users Feedback. I’ll be starting on CSII within 3-4 weeks Veterans Affairs finally approved mine after 16 months of work to get approved; now I am looking for ONLY MINIMED USERS. Your experiences and valuable user information. i.e. Tricks and Shortcuts you use hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. To gain optimum performance from your insulin pump and even include CGMS (ups and downs) also. I am still trying to gain approval on CGMS Veteran’s Medical Center isn’t to open on prescribing to me cause of cost and feel there is no evidence WITHIN THE Veterans Community that it really helps or aids in managing CSII Therapy

Wow! That’s great news!! There are lots of tips, basal bumps to beat up Dawn Phenomena, Drifting low? If it’s not a precipitous drop, maybe you can control it by turning your basal down? If you have 3-4 weeks, I can’t recommend reading “Pumping Insulin” and “Think Like A Pancreas” enough, both are kind of “owner’s manuals” that will teach you a lot more about the nuts and bolts of adjusting the pump and optimizing it to get the most out of it. One thing that I’m not sure about is now that you’ve got it, is the VA so strict that they will “ding” you for being “noncompliant” if you make adjustments yourself? I adjust mine all the time and the doc knows it and doesn’t express much concern about it. If the whole VA process is stricter somehow, it could cause challenges.

Another thing that I would recommend is to eat more precisely while you are shaking down the new gizmo? If you know precisely what the carbs are, you will get better data with which to make adjustments if your rates need a nudge here and there. I started out pretty flat but have tweaked it over the years to get smoother curves. Unfortunately, I have a 722 so I am not able to provide specific help w/ the Revel. Don’t be shy about switching set types. I had no clue about them when I started and just got whatever the regular ones are but switched to Silhouettes a box or so into it and like them a lot more, insertionally, adhesionally and, of course, fashionally!! LOL. Congrats on your success, I remember your other post and am very glad that you got by Nurse Ratchet. Or did she get a promotion?