Minimed pumps and Macintosh?

Not only did they use Active X, but they are using a pretty out of date Java scripting as well. Before my last upload, ran windows updater, Java updated right after that. When I logged into Carelink to upload it forced me to revert back to an older version of Java. It said it was “too new”. I mean come on!!! Too new??? Ugh, I hate windows programmers. They need to talk to Animas. Their software package is Mac compatible. It’s a desktop program (I think) so they had to program it both in windows and for the mac. All MM had to do was make it ISO compliant! But noooooo…can’t do that! Ok, sorry, rant over. :slight_smile:

I run Parallels on my Macbook Pro. I use firefox, at the bottom of the page that says you do not have the proper browser there’s a little “continue” button. Click that, firefox works fine. I would stop uploading data before I would use IE…IE makes me feel dirty :stuck_out_tongue:

My sentiments exactly!

it’s bad enough they make us use windows…but then we find out we need to use IE too…it’s pure evil

Hehe, I swear I’m going to find some little cheap as it can get windows laptop on ebay and use that only for uploading the pump info. That way I don’t have to have windows contaminating my hard drive anymore. sigh I can dream can’t I??

…as long as your pc laptop is stuck in 1996, you should be fine…

I think it’s terrible, the lack of support from all medical companies, for Mac OS X…

I think it has something to with the original ethos of Microsoft/Apple; business/creative…

This original understanding has been turned on it’s head over the last few years. OS X provides a more secure core OS, with a rich UNIX foundation. The machine HD is fantastic and professional… with the dominance if iPhone as a wold leader in mobile tech, with the promise of iPad to come? and the the solid Mac market… with Microsoft’s poor efforts to build on a unstable platform (Vista), they’ve even got a virtual XP running within Windows 7! just to ensure driver compatibility (does that sound wasteful?, methinks it does). Is it not about time that these companies paid notice of Apple - I wonder do Apple make it easy?

I have been on contact with Medtronic 3 times over the last year about CareLink… Given the cloud database is just that, a could server, there can be little to limit the use. I have been told that a Mac version is in progress… I understand that medical licences need to be acquired, but I have managed to fool carelink servers (with a bit of tweaking in Safari) that my Mac is a PC!! oo errr! the only thing that doesn’t work is the driver for the USB wireless device! So Medtronic only need to write an OS X driver for it! I can get CareLink to work for everything apart from data transfer from my pump! which I know is key, but it is a small part of the system!

I have put a virtual XP machine on my Mac. I use it for very little other that CareLink and could easily live without it and would love the 20Gig of HD that my virtualisation uses back! This works fine, but what a effort just to get a web-based application to run smoothly. Plus when using the virtual machine my MacBook Pro battery gets hammered! when not plugged in!!

How can we get Medtronic to listen to their customers!?