My first 3 month checkup

I had my first 3 monthly checkup wih my GP this morning since being diagnosed on the 3rd April 2009 (2 days off April Fool’s day - how ironic). My HbA1c then was 9.3. Three months later I’m down to an almost respectable 6.2 and have shed around 10Kg. It’s amazing what a bit of exercise, a healthy diet and 1000mg of Metformin a day can do. I must acknowledge the great people at diabetespowershow.com for their fantastic podcasts - you made all those kilometers on the treadmill almost bearable. This is a really great resouce for information and inspiration - I thoroughly recommend it.

congratulations on the new a1c number and weight loss! that is quite commendable. keep up the good work.

Congratulations Steve! That is a great improvement… keep the good work. :slight_smile:

Congrats on your fine numbers! I hope you plan to check your blood glucose yet again tomorrow (July 14, 4 pm ET US) with all of us here at tudiabetes and beyond!

Hmmmm July 14, 4 pm ET US = July 15 4 AM WST AUST (that’s 4 O’clock in morning - I think). Count me IN but forgive me if my entry is an hour or two late. It’s mid-winter here in Australia and Perth (West Coast) has just had it’s coldest morning this year - 1 degree Celcius). Getting out of a warm bed will be hard enough but trying to extract a couple of uL of blood from my finger will be near on impossible. I can feel the pain already !! But for such a worthy cause and for such friendly people - how could I refuse.