With November apparently being the month of acronyms and resolutions, I hearby declare my November
NATIONAL NO MORE FAT ARSE MONTH
It's been 1 year and 20 pounds since I was diagnosed with diabetes. Ok, 30 pounds. Which is as big as a CHILD. Like a fully functional, talking, walking child. This must go. It's time to abandon this freeloader of an unwanted kid. And I'm leaving it at the gym.
If all goes according to plan, I will be starting on my pump on Wednesday. That's in two days. Lots of people gain weight when they switch to the pump. I think it has something to do with being able to eat whenever you want and just push a button rather than pierce your skin. Also, tighter control seems to equal tighter pants.
I will not let the child get bigger.
So here's the plan:
1. Eat according to the Mayo Clinic lower your cholesteral diet because it's filled with lots of good for you foods.
2. Go to the damn gym every day, even if it's just for the 20 minute interval cardio workout. When I let myself off the hook and say that I'll do something else at home, I never do. I need the formality of the gym.
3. Make and eat soup for work lunches because Cosi-induced poverty isn't much fun either.
4. Blog daily to celebrate my daily success and/or blog daily to shame myself into compliance.
So here's today status:
Food - good, except for that big old blueberry muffin from Harris Teeter
Exercise - 1 hr of resistence training with Colleen this morning, 20 minutes of swimming tonight
- Muffin was totally worth the insulin shot
- Muffin was not totally worth the all day reaction high BGs
- I really don't know how to swim. I know how not to drown.