Went to the gym this afternoon on my day off from work (post visit to The Price is Right yesterday) and before I started my workout, I stepped on that scale and i was in complete shock I did not believe it at first. I was with my friend and I was like, is it really that number? Another 5lbs. dropped, yay. Since November 17th, I have lost 10lbs. Yippeeeee.
So later this afternoon is my first appointment with a nurse from the Diabetes Education class I will be attending next week. I'm looking forward to the help she will be able to give me in terms of Diabetes/Weight Management.
Time for bed. Good night!
that is awesome! you lost 10 pounds in 12 days? what is your secret?
Well, this is what I’ve been doing, since i was diagnosed. i try to exercise at least every other day, nothing big, i have a problem with my knee, but just a bit of everything for about an hour.
- I’ve been alternating my breakfast meals (Special K one day, eggbeaters and toast the next).
- have a snack, one of those 100 calorie bags.
- lunch, basic turkey sandwich
- before the gym, another snack
- after the gym - dinner - which i have been alternating as well. (mostly because we still have so much turkey left over, lol). But i’ll have turkey salad one day, maybe a turkey sandwich the next. Another day I might have grilled boneless chicken strips.
I will be attending a few diabetes/weight loss mgmt classes in the next few weeks. I hope to get more of an idea of what I should and should not eat. The turkey can only last so long. lol.