Need Infusion Sets!

Hi group! I changed insurance, and long story short, it is taking forever for Animas to get approval from insurance and new doctor for a prescription for pump supplies. I only have ONE infusion set left and Animas will not send me anymore until they get clearance. They keep telling me they'll get it done asap, but I am quite nervous as it has been almost 10 days already. I called some local Diabetes Centers but none of them have pump supplies. Also, Animas would not give me the name of their local reps/educators here in Phoenix who may have some sample sets. Any suggestions???

Call the Phx chapter of jdrf and see if they’ll give you their rep’s name an contact info. You don’t have to tell them exactly why you need it. Also, twitter is a great resource for getting in touch with diabetics near you who might be able to help out and/or give you the name of the rep.

Your doctor’s office should have some sample sets. Have you called them?

I live near Fountain Hills and use Comfort Shorts and Inset30’s. I think that you can put in a friend request on this site and we can email info back and forth. I can spare a couple of sets. The Inset30’s have a built-in inserter while the Comforts are manual insertion. Both are angled sets. I can spare a couple of either, but would prefer to give you some Inset30’s because I prefer the Comforts.

Thank you, that did the trick! Got in touch with the territory rep and she helped me. Thanks again.

Thank you for your kind offer! I was able to get in touch with the Animas territory rep and she is handling the situation, otherwise you would have been a real lifesaver. Your offer to help has been a real bright spot in this new year, so thank you and hope you have a great 2013 and beyond :)

So glad to hear that you got the help you needed.