New Here

I just wanted to introduce myself.

My daughter was diagnosed as a type 1 February 14th of this year at 12 years old after having a blood glucose of over 900 and being admitted to the PICU. Since then we have learned a ton (obviously) and went from MDI on Lantus and Novolog to pumping in August with the Animas Ping. I have lurked here for a while, but the release from Animas has prompted me to come out and try to get help with our options. I look forward to getting to know you all!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community. It was nice of Animas to sell you a pump then pull the rug out a couple of months later.

3 Likes

That’s how I feel about it too. I feel like they obviously knew when I contacted them about purchasing, but did not have the respect to let me know. This was our first pump experience and it has not been a good one. With that said the control has been much better and I do not want to go back to MDI, but I still feel like is was, for lack of a better word, dishonest.

Anyway as I said in another post, yes I am upset and I will pursue all avenues, but in the end it is what it is and we will make the best out of it.

2 Likes

Looks like if your Animas pump is still under warranty and expires on or after 9/30/19 you have the ability to switch to a MiniMed 630G system at no cost to you. Since you bought the pump recently and it has a 4 year warranty (I believe) this should apply to you. Check out the page I received this info from.

In the meantime, you should be able to order all infusion sets etc. for the Animas pump with no issue. Hope this helps!

Finny81,

Welcome to the group. You can place words in the search engine ( the little magnifying glass in the upper right ) to find some answers. Good luck with your kid.

Robert17

1 Like

Welcome to the forums Finny.

1 Like

Valentines Day. :frowning:

Yes Valentine’s Day, she had been sick with what we thought was the flu since Sunday night and her dad ordered her some chocolate covered strawberries to help her feel better. She never got to eat them because they came after we took her to the hospital and we were in there for a week, not to mention at that point we were so worried about carbs that we wouldn’t have given them to her anyway, plus when we left the hospital she was on a sliding scale for blood sugar with a 40-50 car range three meals a day so it’s kind of hard to fit things into that.

In case I haven’t already mentioned it she is also on a Dexcom G5 and has been since about a month after diagnosis. I would recommend Dexcom to anyone, it gives us the piece of mind so that we are not testing her 100 times a day like I would if we didn’t have it, the ability to see how she is trending is priceless. :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and to the club no one ever asks to join.