New to Ozempic

I started Ozempic on 2/14 and have taken three doses. So far so good, I’m down three pounds. However, I’m starting to notice my HR going up. I’m on three BP meds. My PCP put me on bystolic and it has been great with lowering HR and BP. I can’t help but wonder if the Ozempic is in rest my HR. During the day, I am between 80-90. I was Before Ozempic I was in the 70’s for HR. Not sure if my body is adjusting or what. Has anyone experienced this?

Sorry,I do not take this medication. I would talk to my pharmacist to see if any other medications could come into play. Welcome back. Nancy50

I had a doctor tell me this class of medications could increase heart rate. You might want to check with your doctor and let them know.

Hi!

I don’t take Ozempic, but a similar one called Victoza. Both meds may have an effect on your BP. As you lose weight, your BP meds needs may change, as I did to me. Please check with your doctor during your next appointment. You might need to see a cardiologist just in case! :slight_smile: