No Delivery Alarm on Insulin Pump

I’ve been having the same problem but mine is coming at night (bedtime) when I lie down to sleep. It occurs just about every hour until about 5:30 in the morning and then it stops. Is it possible lying down will cause the insulin flow block alarm? I’ve tried everything i can think of to fix this. I’m at wits end. I didn’t pay all this money to have this many problems. Help!!!

1 Like

what model pump? there is a big difference between the number of complaints of “no delivery” between Medtronic and Tandem pumps. Tandem pumps use a completely different method of infusion, which leads to far more issues with “no delivery”. If it happens with a Medtronic pump, it’s almost always caused by a kinked cannula, which can be fixed by switching to a steel set (Sure-T). Rarely, is a Medtronic pump going to be the source of the failure, but it can happen when the pressure sensor is too sensitive. Very rare for that to happen on any of the Medtronic pumps.

It is possible if you lay on it. Make sure you are not directly on it.

Medtronic 670G

what set are u using?

I’ve tried everyone but the Silhouette.

if u use a Sure-T you should not get “no-delivery” under any circumstance. I get a no-delivery about once every 2 years when using Sure-Ts. When I used Quicksets, I’d get them as often as twice a week.

I’ve used the Sure-T’s and get one every time. That’s why I’m thinking it has to be bad reservoirs. There are times i can’t push insulin through the cannula. I change the reservoirs and it works.

Are they super-old, like more than 10 years old? Have them been kept in high heat conditions? I’ve used reservoirs that are over 15 years old and they work just fine. I always rotate and pull the plunger back and forth 2x before drawing up insulin.

No, they are pretty new. I haven’t had any alarms since I posed my question. I think I just received some bad reservoirs. I appreciate your help!

1 Like

I could see if they weren’t coated properly with lube, that they could definitely stick.