No longer spiking after coffee; an update

PS: i actually do one bolus together at breakfast time, but if i should want a cup of coffee in the afternoon (which is rare), i will bolus again to cover that coffee as well.

I am just wondering if you have eliminated enough of the variables? I ask this because first of all, Iā€™m not a coffee drinker, second, the only carbs you are consuming are the ones in the cream.

Did you try drinking a cup (Yes, I know it would be bitter) without the Splenda? Or with only 3 packets? Or with only 1?

What would happen if you eliminated the cream and the Splenda, or just the cream?

Could there be a caffeine effect on your digestion of the food and/or the amount of glucose released by your liver?

I also wonder about what happens if you donā€™t have the coffee at all (over multiple days?

often, i donā€™t bother having the coffee for this very reason. i donā€™t have any desire to drink it black, and the only thing i would be willing to eliminate is the Splenda. i canā€™t imagine having coffee w/out the cream. its kind of like ice cream for me; i would rather not bother having ice cream b/c its just too troubling to bolus for. pizza, for example is another impossible food which i would only save for a vacation situation or a special occasion.

everything boils down to one thing: experimentation.

just to keep you posted and up to date:

i stopped drinking coffee and am finding i donā€™t miss it at all. and, to top it off, i am using considerably less insulin. Yay.

1 Like