Our little Olivia’s doses have changed again. It seems like every other week we are starting back at zero, trying to get her blood sugar readings under control. She now will only be on Novolog with meals and Levemir twice a day. Right now her numbers are on the high side, but we just started this today and our endo said that he wants us to start with small amounts of insulin and slowly increase until we come up with something that keeps her regulated through-out the day. But when I see a 306 tonight at bedtime, it just makes me feel so frustrated, stressed, and defeated!
- Getting her blood sugars more consistent/regulated - ofcourse the top priority is Olivia’s health.
- A little more flexibility - with NPH we were on a pretty strict schedule.
- The peaking of NPH was unpredictable
- Additional injection of insulin at lunch time.
- Worry of giving control to someone else for Olivia’s care (even though I know that they will do a good job - I will still worry about not being there). I probably should put this as a positive since it is my in-laws who stepped up to take care of Olivia while my husband and I are at work. I trust them, but it doesn’t stop me from worrying. That’s what moms do right?