Obsessive Behavior About Food and Managing Type 2 Diabetes

I struggle with weight loss.

I am 5'2" and just under 200 lbs.

For the longest time I thought I was just a "Foodie" who loved to cook, bake and taste every flavor that life brought my way. It has turned into an addiction/obsession for me and I need help. It has now turned into the opposite problem: I want to lose more weight (I have lost 45 lbs since May 2013) and when I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in November 2013 I deprived myself and became so angry, and HUNGRY.

It has not been easy.

I have started to work out more intensely, and therefore have needed a few extra calories in my diet to make sure I don't dip into the low shaky sweaty Type 1 kind of symptoms, but I'm not losing weight that way.

Any encouragement/tips/advice/discussion would be most helpful.

-Molly

EXACTLY. So cruel. I, too, struggle with portion sizes. Lately my diet has been high protein/low carb. I don't pay much attention to low fat labels, maybe I should. I'm taking in about 1300 calories a day, give or take 100.
I feel like I just need to hear more of the idea that I am not alone in this.
Weight management is so difficult when it comes to my lows. The other day I was at a fasting 76, had a cup of tea and 2 eggs and still was quite sick/shaky. But if I eat any more for breakfast I feel guilty and ashamed.
It just doesn't feel like it's going to get any better.
I know how you feel when you say you love/hate food. I'm definitely in the same boat.

Hey, I'm 5 feet 2 inches tall. I think I might have to add one more carb choice to my breakfast and try to forgive myself. My PA and Diabetic Educator said that if I desire to lose weight I should only have 2-3 carb choices per meal. Because I'm exercising more, it seems like not enough, I'm burning more than I take in per day.
That's why, I believe, I've been feeling angry and hungry, or as I like to jokingly put it, HANGRY!
Some of the anger has subsided, but then when I indulge, there are feelings of guilt and shame again.
Thank you for your words of comfort and wisdom. Recognizing that I need to forgive myself is a must at this point.

This makes sense. I'm learning as I go... I'm not sure what TSh and FT3 - 4 are, but I'll ask my PA when I see him next. And also if I should check thyroid. It wouldn't be a bad idea.

Thank you for your support and knowledge.

Molly

Good to know. Thanks again!