Omni pod and dry skin!

Hello everyone, I am having some "winter" issues with my omnipod and skin. I've noticed that because my skin is so dry during the winters when I go to change my pod the old one is taking the skin off along with it. I've tried putting lotion on but then a new pod will not stick to the skin with the lotion on it, so it's almost I have to anticipate if I have to change my pod or not in order to be able to put lotion on. Is anyone having this problem, and are there any solutions to it? My arms look awaful. I would appreciate any help!!!!

I have the samething happening to me, but only on my arms, the stomach area doesn’t have the same problem. I try to take off the pod after a shower, it kinda weakens the adhesive a little.

I have the samething happening to me, but only on my arms, the stomach area doesn’t have the same problem. I try to take off the pod after a shower, it kinda weakens the adhesive a little.

have you tried using adhesive remover? taking it off after a shower helps also and not putting lotion on where you will put your pod. I am sure you know all of that though. :-)

I had the same issues until I started using Skin-Prep and Uni-Solve. Winters are not as good as summers, but are manageable now.

do you use many places to put your pods? maybe moisturize a lot of the places you don`t put the pods tll you know you will have to put the pod back there. I have really dry skin on my arms in the winter, so while I put the pods on my stomach, legs and back I put lotion on my arms. seems to work for me.

One word: Tegaderm. These pads made by 3M work wonders for me. I place it on my skin first, then the pod right on top. They are much easier to take off, but seem also to stay on better too.

http://www.medline.com/jump/product/x/Z05-PF33451#.UvgPSoV4_Wg use this around the edges of the pod about 5 minutes before you remove it

:thumbup: Unisolve is awesome, I use it every pod removal.

The aloe keeps my skin nice and soft and happy.

do you know what the difference is between unisolve and remove is? i have used remove same company smith and nephew, but find I don't like the smell. just curious what the difference is between them?