Omnipod 5 and iPhone

I understand FDA has approved Omnipod 5 interfacing w IPhone. Yay! I love my pod but d not love carrying the controller as well as my phone. I believe this will begin in January but if anyone has info for me to get this sooner please share!

1 Like

I think they are saying “sometime” in 2024?

Yes. I spoke to Insulet today and was told I would be notified the beginning of the year and fast tracked to receive this new benefit

1 Like

I literally just got off the phone with my local Omnipod rep (I may be switching from Tandem to Omnipod), and she told me there is no specific indication that the iPhone app is coming in January or even early in 2024. She said there’s a delay on Apple’s end, and that Apple is telling Insulet they will work on getting it done in 2024. But she said it may well not happen until later in 2024. That would be ridiculous, but that’s what she told me just now. Since not wanting to carry around an additional device is a true dealbreaker for me, I think she would have told me if she had reason to believe the iPhone app were coming very soon. I hope she was wrong!

1 Like