Omnipod Dexcom Integration

I saw that and had an OMG moment. :slight_smile: They look beautiful, Lorraine!

Just saw this thread and wanted to add - Will is in the study of toddlers & CGMs at Stanford and is testing out the new generation Navigator - it takes only 1 hour to calibrate and the range is really great - I literally can leave the receiver in the kitchen and he can hang out downstairs and the thing can pick him up. Thatā€™s the good news. However, the device itself it rather large and it takes lots of extra tape to actually stay on. Since heā€™s only 4, we put it on his leg and by the end of 5 days, the tape is all icky. The sensor does leave a mark on his skin so thatā€™s another negative. Our endo tells me that in the next 3-4 years all CGMs will be integrated with Insulin pumps. I thought once we used the CGM that it was something I needed to have right away but now, after using it for almost 4 months, Iā€™m thinking that waiting may not be a bad idea. Even if we wanted the Naviagtor that weā€™re using now, itā€™s not on the market yet. DexCom does appeal to me because they use the same tape as the OmniPod and the size is smaller than the Navigator. However, Iā€™ve heard the receive has to be on your body at all times or it simply doesnā€™t work. We will probably wait another couple of years until the technology is perfected.

Thanks Melissa. It was funny. Then I told hubby, Dave, to take a look over the presentation w/o telling him about the pic and he had the same OMG moment.

Thanks!

This is excellent news. We are receiving our Dexcom kit this week and have been pumping using the Omnipod for 6 months. I would like to get my hands on this investor presentation. Is there a link anywhere?

The presentation appears to no longer be online. However if you go to page one of this topic Bradford posted a PDF of the presentation he managed to save before it was taken down.

In the PDF of the presentation it stated: ā€œExpected filing date in Q1ā€. Does this mean it will be released in the first quarter of 2010? or just filed and will be released at a later date?

I believe it means they will file w/ the FDA by the end of Q1, and then it will take some time for the FDA to approve (Iā€™m not familiar w/ how long the FDA usually takes, although I know itā€™s s-l-o-w compared to approvals in other parts of the worldā€¦).

I thought that was the case. Thanks for clarifying.

The presentation did mention that they expected to file the smaller pods in June or July and have a limited roll-out of them by the end of 2010. It may be a different filing process but if itā€™s similar itā€™s very possible weā€™ll see the integration by the end of the year. Iā€™m hoping anyway. :slight_smile: