One of those days

My BG has been very stable for the last few days, so I guess someone felt the need to remind me just how unpredictable this disease can be. I’m sure you’ve all been there.

I wake up with a slight ‘uh oh’ feeling and sure enough my BG is 2,9 (52). Since it came down slowly during the night (time to lower my Lantus a bit) I didn’t feel as bad as I normally do and the bit of milk I put in my morning tea immediately fixed that. I’m very carb sensitive and very rarely need more than 5g of fast acting carbs to treat a low.

Before lunch I’m at 6,3 (113) and everything is just fine. I always eat at the cafeteria and I even managed to guesstimate my meal correctly although they had especially crappy, hard to estimate choices today. Two hours later I’m at 5,0 (90) and decide to have a small glucose tablet (2g) because experience tells me that this is a bit low right after eating, even if the Apidra is 99,9% gone at this point.

Not 30min later I suddenly get a weird fuzzy feeling inside my head and decide to test again. I’m at 2,8 (50) despite the additional glucose tab!

So now I’m sitting here waiting for the tabs to kick in and my hands to stop shaking, so I can get back to the lab.
Very annoying.