One touch verio flex inaccurate?

I have a one touch verio flex and was feeling a little off, so figured I would check.
I checked 4 times, because, I just didn’t trust the first result. They were all back-to-back tests within about 1 minute.
They were 4.8, 7.4, 6.4, 7.2…… so pretty all over the place. Would the machine need to be replaced?

1 Like

I positively LOATHE the OneTouch Verio line. My DME supply company really wants me to have them every year instead of the meter/strips I actually use. Every single one has been a random number generator that gets chucked in the bin with the rest of them. Supposedly they have good stats, but I’ve sure never seen it.

3 Likes

I have never had any luck with accurate results with any of the One Touch meters. If possible, you should go with the Contour Next One meter and you will be amazed at the results. It is not an expensive meter.

4 Likes

Really? I was forced to switch from my Abbott Freestyle a few years ago and found the Flex to be quite reasonable and accurate, once I took everything out of the plastic holder and put it in a MUCH smaller case. (The regular Verio is too large and bulky for me to travel with…)

1 Like