Other Infusion Sets With The Animas Ping?

I havent recieved mine yet but i wanted to know what sets can be used with it… ive heard there are numerous…

I started off with the Insets but found out I apparently have a Teflon allergy. I traded those in for the Contact Detach, which is the Animas steel set. I don’t like those - the needle is thick and I can feel it stuck in me. It also leaves a lot of bruises. I read about Orbits here that are made by ICU Medical and requested a sample of those. I really like those - the needle is thin, it doesn’t leave any bruises and I don’t feel like something is stabbing me. I am using the Orbit Micro, which is the steel set and the Orbit 90s are the Teflon ones.

I’m switching soon from a Minimed Paradigm to an Animas Ping. While on the Paradigm I’ve used the Quick-Set; I was told that I can use the Quick-Set with the Animas Ping.

Yes. I hear they make a luer lock version for the non MM reservoirs.

Cleos are compatible. Insets(MM Mios) , Comforts (silhouette). Just to name a few. Anything with a luer lock which is anything not made specifically for MM. Many of the Animas sets are made by the same company that makes sets for the MM.

cool im on the MM also… Quick-set that would be great just to have some backup supplies…

i think im gonna get the Orbit 90s… they look really good…

Where do you get Orbit 90s… i requested samples also but i cant find where to get them…

My pharmacy set up an account with ICU Medical to get them for me. Someone in the Animas group said that both Liberty Medical and Sterling Medical carry them. I called Sterling and they do not carry them. He said he got his from Liberty so if you can use them, I would try them. There is also a form on their website that they will match a distributor with your insurance. I also did that before working with my pharmacy.

http://www.orbit90.com/how-to-buy.asp

thanks! what reservoir do you use with it BTW? thanks again

I am using the Animas one. I don’t think you can substitute those out but I am not sure on that one.

ok great i just wanted to make sure it fit it… thanks again!

I think you don’t want the Orbit90s, you want the OrbitMiros. They are even smaller than the 90s and are what we use for a child.

There’s an awesome chart at this site. http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/infusion_sets.php#axzz0zuFzRhrR The Ping can use any with a Leur Lock system. We preferred OrbitMicros and Cleos and decided on the OrbitMicros. We actually order them from Liberty Medical 800-467-8546.

arent the orbit micros metal sets?

liberty medical (online) doesnt have any of them… ive went threw a company called edgepark but the only have 1 cleo 90 set and its 42" thats a bit to long