Pants?

If u deliver a bolus then while it’s delivering , put it in pants under waist band, Will the pressure of the pants cause insulin to be blocked or then give more than it should and glub out insulin, or should I hold tubing in hands and not put in under pants while delivering ?

I’m sure you are perfectly fine wearing pants, belts, etc and bolusing at the same time. the insulin pumps are very advanced and accurate as long as you prime prior to inserting, etc…most of the type 1 diabetic women ive met have their infusion set or the tubing under their pants and they dont seem to have any problems.

1 Like

Never had a problem. The tubing is a lot more resilient than you might think.

1 Like

You can tie the tubing in a knot and it won’t block delivery.
The only thing that block insulin flow is when insulin crystallizes in the tubing or if the cannula in your skin bends or kinks etc.

2 Likes

It’s really not a concern. It’s hard to block the flow. Any waist band that could apply enough pressure on the tubing wood be ridiculously painful to wear.
You can trust the delivery, no matter how you handle the pump, unless it gives you an occlusion alert. If you start getting occlusion alerts, then you’ll have to adjust your behavior, but if not, it’s no problem.

1 Like

I generally agree with that; the infusion set tubing is tough stuff. Having said that, I’ve had my excess tubing get wrapped around my insulin pump belt clip mount while sleeping and get wedged, pinched and the flow cut off. Maybe a bit of a long shot, but given enough time, things happen.

I have found that standing on my head under a waterfall while putting on my pants will get water in my nose. I hate getting water in my nose.

3 Likes

Is that why you have a habit of leaving your pants in cities you have visited?

1 Like

No that is a separate issue. When I have lost my pants it is because the world stands upside down and they fall off. Hey, by the way, I am looking for those pants from Orlando. There is a rumor that Minnie stole them following a domestic dispute in the hotel during the fire drill. Hey I cant help she was in there with another mouse and she needed camouflage. I need my pants.

Damn it if she stole my pants I want retribution. Damn it give me my pants back !!!

1 Like