Ping users, I'm in the market for my first pump

>>After 15 months with the Ping, I am used to it but still don't like it. I am still anxiously awaiting the Vibe and am excited that it will eliminate the scrolling by populating the final recommended bolus amount.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I switched recently from an MM522 to a Vibe (so I could use the integrated Dexcom CGM). Although you can populate the final recommended bolus with a single press of the up button, you still have to go through the 17 million immensely tedious (compared to the MM menu system) steps to get there, plus the further fiddly extra button presses if you want a combo bolus.

I figure by the time the Vibe is approved, my four years might be up and I'll be looking for a new pump... What a slow process. I am such a fan of Dexcom that I'm not sure whether I would go back to Medtronic or try the Tandem.

Well, sadly, I cannot get an animas ping because what my endo wants me to do and my CDE. The way the pump records is the only way they can do it, they don't have any way to record certain things on the pump from what I understand. so I'm going to end up with a medtronic of some sort if the insurance stuff pans out.

Thanks for all of the info, maybe some day I can get a ping or vibe however.

I agree with Denise. I met with Medtronic’s to look at the 530g. Inspire of what the Reps said I can’t find any data to support their claims. The Enlite is better then the prior offering, but the gap between the Enlite and Dexcom G4 is tremendous. Dexcom is on a mission to produce the best CGM possible. I like the way Animas delivers the insulin in smaller bursts, they figure your target BG number differently and have data to support an improved outcome. All of my experiences with Animas employees have been nothing short of amazing. I am looking forward to the Vibe. I was on the OmniPod and I am excited with making the pump change. It couldn’t of turnrd better. IMO.

Maybe as a "compromise" you could offer to download your pump using Diasend and bring in the reports. After all, you are the one who is going to live with the pump - not your Endo/CDE. And using Diasend at home gives you data to use on your own as well (olf course maybe that's what they are afraid of)

I asked about it but so far it doesn't seem like that will work out, like they can't seem to use diasend or something? I just really want a pump so I'm quite fine with the minimed but when the vibe comes out I'm gonna be sad if I can't negotiate one in the future, to be entirely honest. I like my endo and cde but they don't seem to want to budge on that and I really don't want to be on my own for this...maybe if I change my mind in the future after the 4 years? Who knows. It's something about how much the animas has in it that is different than the minimed when it comes to food and exercise input apparently? She wants to see what I'm doing with everything to help me out.

Well right now I really just want the pump more than the CGM, it's quite possible if I show I can use the minimed for the 4 years i can get a vibe later on? I really wish I could compromise but what else can I do? I want my team and everything on the same page , and if I only use the pump they're pretty much not all that different as that goes , it's just the cgm.