Please Report TuDiabetes Website Issues

No more login issues for me and I had been having tons of problems in the past. good work!

There is currently a delay when pasting images into messages. It can take more than 15 seconds for an image that you copy and paste or drag into a posting to appear. If you start typing before the paste it will seriously gum things up.

Youā€™re welcome, EmilyC, and, yes, I agree with your ā€œmini-rant.ā€ :slight_smile:

Oh, I see from other posts that the log-in issues are fixed. Wonderful!

1 Like

Oh, darn :frowning: Well, we fixed the issue of Mari from France looking like Mari Ruddy in chat, but obviously thereā€™s still another issue. Back to the developersā€¦ Thanks for reporting that, @irrational_John!

I see ā€œdiscussion groupsā€ is now ā€œforumā€. works for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are we not able to delete new topics that we create? I can see how to delete replies that we post in discussions, but for some reason I am unable to delete new topics that Iā€™ve started either on the old site or (it seems) on this new site.

It has been reported that Chat is having problems. Unfortunately at this point Chat is not really usable and we would encourage everyone to discuss things in the forums. What many of us donā€™t really realize is that the forums update in ā€œreal timeā€ just like chat, when someone posts to a topic you are currently viewing you, their post will immediately appear. So you can actually do a chat in the forums.

In the meantime, the team has been alerted to the issues with chat and will address it as soon as possible.

I can see how you could reason in that general direction, but I disagree. Itā€™s just my opinion, but I feel the goal of chat is to try to simulate conversation via text. So it tends to consist of a lot of very short ā€œpostsā€.

The people who hate, loath, revile, and just generally get ticked off about the Discourse 20 character post minimum are the same people who ā€¦ just my opinion/guess ā€¦ are likely to enjoy chat. Two words: culture clash. :scream_cat:

LOL! Thereā€™s no question that the 20 character minimum is irritating (at least to me). As an example, a member should be able to reply to a question such as,ā€œwhatā€™s your usual wake-up bg levelā€? with ā€œ110ā€ and leave it at that. they shouldnā€™t need to pad their response with additional characters.

@phienixbound, I agree

The team is working on fixing chat. In the meantime it has been taken off-line as the team works on the problems. And while the forums donā€™t allow very short posts the can help us work through this short time where chat is off-line.

Why is it when I go read something that hasnā€™t been responded to in about 5 years, does it show up in my unread section as if I didnā€™t read it or want to read. Usually once Iā€™m done, Iā€™m done.

Iā€™m happy to report that the team has fixed the problem with chat and it is not anticipated that this problem will return.

Topics that you read are marked as being ā€œtrackedā€ and will show up in your unread list when there is an update (post or like, etc). It should be there all the time and you can ā€œdismissā€ it. If it continues to show up we can look into it or you can select ā€œtrackingā€ below the topic and select ā€œmutingā€ which will make sure it never ever shows up in your unread or tracked list.

@ilyasid83, I have moved this discussion to a topic focused on reporting website issues. I reset some things on your user record. I hope you donā€™t mind, I changed your display name to Ilya. Please try to log out and then log back in again and see what happens. If we have continued problems I may need to refer this to the development team.

itā€™s not working. Maybe itā€™s all IE11 fault. Ah, never mind :smile:

I doubt you are the only one using IE and I do know we have had some issues with IE. Iā€™m going to pass this on @EmilyC and the team to look at. In the meantime one other thing to try is to see if you have the same problem with Firefox and Chrome. If you could try that it would be very useful.

everyone has some issues with IE :smile: Ok, Iā€™ll try Chrome later. Thanks.

I did get into the live event today but not the chatroom. hereā€™s the message

Unable to connect to database due to following error(s). Please check details in configuration file.
Too many connections

Still lots of issues unfortunatelyā€¦(sigh) Everyone is trying so hard!