Pod Placement Suggestions?

thanks- I was wondering if that was the issue- that I just hadn't found exactly where on my arm to put it. I'll try putting it like you mentioned. Before I had it where you could see it when I was standing straight on. Thanks!

I place mine on the back of the arm so you can't see it. I know we have to continuously rotate the injection sites so when I do place it on my arm and know that it will tend to be harder to sleep I find that if i have a soft blanket or shirt of some sort and place it behind my arm where the pod site it, it will cushion it a little more and won't bother me when I sleep.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner! To be honest, I am not sure. After I put on a new pod and get dressed I just kinda forget it is there. Even in the tightest pants I own it really only bulges when I cross the leg that has the pod on it over the other leg. I don't think it is noticeable. Also, if you wear it on your thigh I feel it is too close to your tush for someone to say, "what's that thing on your leg" without looking like they were staring in a place they shouldn't be! I have really only had comments when wearing it on my arm (I place it high-near my armpit and other times halfway between my shoulder and elbow). I really just love the pod too much to be embarrased. Like you, I had a MM pump for years. The joy of not having to stick a huge device in my pocket/clip it to my belt far surpasses the embarrasment of having the pod seen.

Steve: I was intrigued to see your reference to calf placement. Can you provide some advice on whereabouts on the calf and how well it is still working for you? Thanks. Mike.

Mike- I place the pod as high up on the calf as possible...and in that spot it seems to get the least resistance with my trowsers and stuff. It takes a couple days to get the apsorption right but if you are a runner it will happen sooner. Good Luck and Peace!

Many thanks for the swift and helpful reply Steve! I'll give it a shot.

I wear mine on my upper front right leg, not on the side. For some reason I have problems with the left. I also use my lower tummy. When my leg starts looking like a war zone....I go to my tummy, then vice versa. I tried my arm, but it got knocked off, so I don't go there.

Are the pods supposed to go on body parts with fat? Would the calves be considered muscle?

If calves are ok, then pretty much “anywhere” would seem ok, no?