Post Covid vaccine anxiety

Hi
I had my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday here in Australia. It all went ok and I’m so glad to be fully vaccinated. My sugars are about the same and I have a slight headache and sore arm so nothing major BUT my anxiety is through the roof. I feel shaky and scared and have all the ‘what if’s’ going through my head. Does anyone else suffer with worsening anxiety post vaccine :pensive:

No. After My second Moderna shot I spent the next day in bed, felt fine, but lethargic and didn’t want to eat. Mild fever. Next morning, my appetite returned, and fever gone by midday. Although I was surprised, that was common.

Why would anyone feel anxious? The vaccines are safe, and except for rare side effects - are you in any of the classes that had rare negative side effects - there is nothing to worry about. Honest, the only worry is for the people who aren’t vaccinated, although Delta does bring some risk for the vaccinated.

Seriously, what’s to be afraid of?

1 Like

The biggest risk from vaccines comes within an hour of the injection, so maybe that will help with your anxiety.
You are already passed any possible reactions.

Those reactions are very rare anyway, and the risk is minimal compared to the risk of infection.

So try to relax and live in the world of being at very least somewhat protected. But more like well protected

3 Likes

Although I generally agree, the myocarditis/pericarditis occurred, or was recognized, after something like 20 days. That’s approximate, but even then, that was men and mostly in their 20’s.

1 Like

Although people understand Covid and death, the effects of infection can be long-lasting and debilitating. If you had to balance one versus the other, almost all of the risk is on being unvaccinated and getting infected. There have been some rare harmful side effects of the vaccine, but proportionately very limited.

Knowing what your blood glucose is might help reassure you. Do you use a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) such as Dexcom’s G6? If not, then perhaps test more often using a glucometer (aka finger sticks) to get a clearer picture of what is happening to your BG over the next 1/2 day or so?

1 Like

Yes. I use dexcom G6 so I keep a good eye on the blood sugars. I think just being an anxious person gets me ‘shaky’ at times but reassuring to have dexcom for sure.

Apparently there’s new data to show that risk of heart inflammation is greater after Covid 19 infection than after receiving the vaccine(s):

2 Likes

You should be just fine. Pfizers a good vaccine.

1 Like