Vaccination after COVID infection

Has anyone had COVID in the past and then received a vaccine after the recommended 90 days? Wondering how reaction was compared to those who hadn’t already had COVID. I quickly saw a couple of studies that implied something to the effect, that a previously exposed person may only need 1 shot due to already having natural immunity. And that side effects with first vaccine could be harsh.

Here’s a comment from one of our members whose significant symptoms after his first covid vaccination made him wonder if he had already experienced an asymptomatic infection.

1 Like

My second Moderna vaccine is scheduled for Friday, 5 days from now so will update my experience.

1 Like

I had Covid in April. I was barely symptomatic. I had a fever for a day. In my my company did antibody testing and it showed I had been exposed.
I just got moderna this past Wednesday. I had a pretty severe reaction, my arm hurt from my shoulder to my elbow. I had body aches for 2 days. No fever.
I definitely felt worse than I did when I was sick.
I’m a little worried about my second injection, but it is what it is.
We are definitely better protected with a vaccine than if we recover from it. Especially since I had a mild case.

1 Like

I’ve known a number of people with and without prior COVID infections who have gotten the vaccine. It seems like it’s pretty clearly linked to a bad reaction to the first shot vs the second shot. There’s some discussion re whether you even need the second shot if you’ve had COVID before, since the first shot essentially functions like your second one, but it seems like relatively few places are implementing that.

1 Like

My wife had a very bad case of Covid back in June of last year. She received her first Moderna shot at the beginning of March this year and had no negative reaction other than a sore arm. We both get our second shot at the end of the week.

1 Like