Pump and hot tubs

I have had a minimed Veo for about 3 wqeeks now, I was wondering if anyone has expierence with their pump/infusion set with a hot tub? Does it remain attached to you? Is the glue still glue? I'm usually in the hot tub for 20 minutes. Any tips Thanks

hi Rayzer. it's been years since I was in a hot tub, but I used to just disconnect my infusion set (after testing and possibly giving myself a correction) and I had no problems. here's a discussion where a couple of products are mentioned if you have adhesive issues.

https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/hot-tubs-and-pump-sites

Thanks for the reply Marie B, my CDE said go ahead with the hot tub, my Minimed rep said no with out changing infusion set. Thanks for the link, I am new here, only joined last week

The worst place for diabetics is a hot tub.

I have never had a problem in a hot tub. I just disconnect and reattach when I get out. You may have to do a fixed prime to refill the cannula as the heat might destroy what is in there already. I also have had luck with my CGM sensor - never have fried it in a hot tub - of course I haven't been a very hot tub (> 104 degrees F).

I have a hot tub and medtronic pump. i just disconnect my line and put the cap that comes with the infusion kits. I havent had any problems at all. i stay in tub about 30 minutes and it hasnt unstuck my attach point at all.