Pumping Saline

So my appointment went well and I am pumping saline as of today!

I must say I have been dreading putting the infusion set in, as it looked like it wouldn’t feel too great and I’ve read many horror stories. (I was sent three months of the Insets with my Ping) great thing was I didn’t even feel it go in! I’m sure it isn’t all going to be rosy forever but at least I’m not going to be so scared of inserting one again…

Now that I’ve started I’m glad it’s saline- I need a week to play with the pump and not worry about killing myself haha. I am really glad I decided to make the switch from MDI.

It really doesn’t hurt much and even if it does it’s only twice a week vs. Mdi. There’s a lot of people here to help. Best of luck!

Congratulations on your Ping, Mike. I felt the same way about pumping saline. It took me awhile to get used to inserting sets, but then I have the world's worst hand-eye coordination. I don't think too many of us have "horror stories" so much as niggling, annoying and sometimes persistent issues that we look for solutions for. Many of us find that we try different types of sets to find the one that works best for you. All in good time. Enjoy playing with the Ping and don't hesitate to ask questions as they arise.