Remember Animas?

Anyone know which DME in the US still selling supplies? Would like to get a box of cartridges. thanks

They were bought out by Medtronic. They sold em for a while, but I’m pretty sure no one sells them anymore.

I remember mine actually had a timer in it, and it stopped working on taht date, I had already replaced it, but I was irritated by that. The went under shortly after that.

It was my first pump. I liked it, but customer service got worse and worse till I couldn’t stand it anymore.

There might be a third party company taht makes supplies still.

animas is no longer in business. they phased out in 2019. i think they were bought by medtronic. there is also no supplies out there now. so pumps that are available now is medtronic, omnipod and tandem.

I sent you a personal message.

I remember medtronic took them over. I didn’t see any animas in the medtronic store but will call them tomorrow to double check. Thanks.
Karen (Kakora)

Rest and be kind, you don’t have to prove anything. Jack Kerouac

| Amy2 Type 1 or LADA
May 10 |

• | - |

animas is no longer in business. they phased out in 2019. i think they were bought by medtronic. there is also no supplies out there now. so pumps that are available now is medtronic, omnipod and tandem.

I remember medtronic took them over. I didn’t see any animas in the medtronic store but will call them tomorrow to double check.

I had to use my animas this past weekend while waiting for replacement Medtronic. Luckily I had 2 cartridges and an infusion set. Got to thinking, I would like to get a box to keep on hand.
It’s actually a pretty decent pump.
I used my medtronic just for the sensor and the animas for basal. Actually worked out well.

Crazy thing is that when i was almost a yr into Medtronic, i gave away all my animas and dex 4 stuff between a few different people. My pay it forward gesture.
Oh well

Thanks.
Karen (Kakora

| Timothy
May 10 |

• | - |

They were bought out by Medtronic. They sold em for a while, but I’m pretty sure no one sells them anymore.

I remember mine actually had a timer in it, and it stopped working on taht date, I had already replaced it, but I was irritated by that. The went under shortly after that.

It was my first pump. I liked it, but customer service got worse and worse till I couldn’t stand it anymore.

There might be a third party company taht makes supplies still.

Animas closed down their pump business, and “selected” Medtronic to continue support for pumps still under warranty. But no new animas pumps were sold.

I am going to call Medtronic today.
I just want s box on hand in case i need to use in a pinch. Happened this past week and while i waited for my replacement Medtronic, i was lucky to have two animas cartridges. The animas worked well.
Thanks.

| MM1
May |

• | - |

Animas closed down their pump business, and “selected” Medtronic to continue support for pumps still under warranty. But no new animas pumps were sold.

welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

A couple years ago I had medtronic pump fail, while out of town. They overnighted replacement, so I was without pump for only 12 hours. If I had been home, I had an older oow Medtronic pump that would hold me over waiting for replacement.

I have used medtronic pumps since early 90s, but this past year got Tandem X2 with cgm integration.