Second Time Around Control

Hi ladies
This is my second pregnancy. We’re 15 weeks pregnant and my first baby is just 10 months old. I’m finding it soo hard to keep on top of my diabetes. I’m so busy with my little girl and I find pregnancy so tiring I feel like I’m barely surviving, let alone maintaining tight control. Has anyone any advice or tips on how to stay focused on a second pregnancy? Really finding it hard right now.

Sharon…I’m just so happy you’re pregnant again!! Did you have to ween your LO in order to get pregnant. We are hoping for back to back pregnancies. I just don’t want to ween my 6.5 month old DD. Hang in there mama!! You can do it…just take one testing opportunity at a time :slight_smile:

Didnt need to wean. Still nursing in fact! Was wanting to niurse throuh the whole pregnancy and maybe tandem nurse with new baby but I’m finding it v exhausting and I’ve decided to wean. After a year. Just hope I can keep on top of everything!

I just delivered my second girl on september 25. My first daughter was just 4 months old when I conceived again (when I still was recuperating from the first pregnancy). I was still in pain (delivered a big baby- 10 lbs, 14 oz..yeah) and I was still adjusting to being a new mom. So pretty much the last two years have been a roller coaster for me! It is do-able though and of course you know as a mother- totally worth it. So daughter #1 is 1 years old now and the new baby is 1 1/2 months old.

It is crazy around here! I am so exhausted some days and yes sometimes it's hard to get something to eat myself as I'm feeding two little ones also. While pregnant and taking care of my first daughter, I just really did try to focus on just me and my daughters. I made sure I was eating well for the one living inside me and I made sure my sugars were under control.

I was in pretty good control for both pregnancies, though I still delivered two big babies for some reason. The second was smaller though. She was 9 lbs, 6 oz. I did use an insulin pump for the second pregnancy which allowed even better control so some advice for you is maybe look into that if you're not already on an insulin pump.

I guess I got a little off track here, but what I meant to say is, just focus on eating well and staying in control for your baby and don't stress yourself out. Try to relax whenever you get a chance. Ask people for help if you have those people available to you. Take it day by day. Now I'm realizing maybe I don't even have that much advice or words of wisdom as I'm new to mother hood also but maybe it's just nice to hear from someone that went through something similar as you are...
good luck