Something is clearly wrong with me

Yeah, this is why I mentioned the Hypothyroidism, earlier… because these are just classic symptoms of thyroid illness… that exhaustion, and even making sort of ‘okay’ numbers feel like they are three times as worse…

Yes I agree. Check for Gluten Intolernace or Celiac. I just got checked for that. Came back positive… After a little time withour Gluten, very hard to do, I feel like a kid again. can sllep the whole night. Stomach is better. Sugars are better. Skin better…

i feel fine at 300 plus because i’ve decided to stop taking my medicine (not saying its right) I feel that to handle diabetes you have to be emotionally ready for it, but that’s impossible unless you start being diabetic. Which is my struggle, starting everything at once i’m becoming more aware of how i’m committing suicide just by not checking or taking my insulin, but i guess it’s like anything else. You deal with it and you handle it, because nobody else is going to get the answer for you you have to find it yourself.

Not meaning to give you a hard time & care what the swings from 60-300 are doing to you emotionally & physically. Better pain to your fingers than to your organs & spirit.

The days I feel the worst are the ones with huge fluctuations. If you test to catch high & lows, you will feel much better by correcting them.

Ok, I’ve been working hard on my bg’s now for a few weeks. I mean tweeking etc.
I have been waking up in the 240 to 270 range and don’t know why. My endo increased my rate, I’m a pumper.
I can go to bed at 200 which is high, but will wake up at 270. What’s with that?
Last night I had a protein shake for dinner. We have our large meal at 2 pm as we are on “winter shifts”. We get up at 3 am. I woke up this morning at like 250 or something. Any ideas people?
Now, the night before I concentrated on having a high protein dinner. Bacon, eggs, low carb toast and some fruit.
I woke up in the morning with a bg of 160.
Also, two hours after our big meal of the day I’ll be 160 or something and will lay down for a nap with my hubby. A couple of hours later, I’ll be 260 or 300 or somthing rediculous. I feel like I’m playing catch up lately.
I have even been working on exercise at least 30 minutes a day trying for 5 times a week.
I know this is a short summary in a nutshell, but anyone else have these kinds of issues?
I have been told that I am insulin resistant. Also when I change my site, or it goes bad, I often fight highs for a while.
I am on a thyroid med and my levels seem to be good according to my endo.

Well here is one for ya. I woke up this morning feeling relatively ok. Didn’t test. Took my usual 8 units of humalog. I generally wait at least 40 minutes to eat even if my level is good to avoid the sugar spike. For some reason in the morning I need to wait. Anyway I started feeling the drop at about 50 minutes after the injection. I initially ate roughly 50 grams of carbs as one unit usually covers about 8 grams for me. At 1hr 30 min post shot I still felt low had an orange which is another 20 grams say. Ten minutes later my lips felt numb and still felt low. I decided ■■■■ this I’ll just check my sugar expecting to see around 60-70. The meter read 99. At that point being it was a little over 1.5 hrs post shot I figured I needed more carbs which I ate another 20 grams. After all that I finally felt better. When I say things like 60-300 I am generalizing as for some these numbers are real on a regular basis. Yes I can have days like that but thats not to say I would feel any worse then going from 70 to 180. My point is at least my body doesn’t do well with the fluctuations which no matter what you do is part of the condition. Heck even non-diabetics can fluctuate within a 50 point range. My guess is if we could get that back none or very little of this would be going on. I don’t have insurance and I don’t want a pump. I will sometimes take 10 to 12 shots a day if I have to. Out of all things I hate about diabetes thats the only one that doesn’t bother me much. In fact I find shaving more annoying.

That’s the case for testing right there. You may have woken up low & taking the usual 8 units was too much from where you started out. Instead of feeding the insulin to feel better, you could have taken a different dose if you knew what your fasting was.

99 is great, so why eat another 20 grams? Since you’re feeling low when you’re not & raising BG when it doesn’t need to be, you’re probably having highs that you’re not correcting. So, you can’t really feel the highs or lows.

No one’s body feels good with fluctuations. Going from 70 to 180 isn’t good either.

Please reconsider testing. You’re shooting in the dark & it’s making you feel badly.

If I woke up low there is no way it would have taken nearly an hour after injection for me to feel that. The reason I had to eat more carbs is the Humalog was still lowering and likely if I ate nothing I probably would have dropped another 30 or so points. Why I didn’t feel well at 99 is startling to me??? I still can’t believe at this point and time they haven’t been able to get a non-invasive continues glucose meter aka like the (glucowatch) to the public. That in itself would be massively helpful. I hope Dr Zion and Company put all these money sucking bloodstick and Insulin manufacterers looking for new jobs…

Yea, but you don’t know for sure without testing. You know how it goes that if your BG is high, normal starts to feel low. Or, if we’re low too often we lose the ability to feel lows. I had a day recently where I was low almost the whole day & felt great. Scared me. Also scared me that I couldn’t get BG up.

“My body just hates being out of normal range and thats the core of the problem.” The only way to help avoid this is by testing & correcting. Well, until there is a non-invasive CGM! How great would that be?

Well I don’t know much about this company but someone posted this recently on the islet forum. Something to the effect of 2011 release.

http://www.solianis.com/cms/home.phtml

I’ve no idea, but maybe you can increase your chances for answers when opening a new topic?

@Gary: Now I finally get what the problem is. :slight_smile: I definitely agree with Lizmari and Carrb12000, you should check for that. Also reconsider a pump - there are still some fluctuations in the effect of basal insulins that one can never predict and that can change from day to day.

I have learned that there are 4 or 5 hormones that get your body ready to get up and moving and they all raise your bags. Possibly something with that is happening. Perhaps you are having a rapid drop which wipes me out and the feelings seem to linger even when my by has risen.

The problem for a lot of people is insurance wont cover a non-invasive watch etc… and people cantafford it. My insurance supposedly wont cover the cgm that works with the 630g that doc wants me on but will cover the dexcom cgm.