Day to day, every day
Insulin- come back!
Always thinking about it.
Blood stains on my fingers.
Eating glucose tabs at midnight.
Test, test, test!
Every day is different.
Someday… a cure.

Wow… these are all great! This would make an interesting book…

A friend of mine decided in high school, right after I was diagnosed, that she would call it “Live” abetes instead of "die"abetes. :slight_smile:

Dreaming of a cure
Isolated from my peers
Always wanting more
Beginning new each day
Even when i’m right, I’m wrong
Testing the boundaries of my health
Each and every day
Sad.

I like this!

Daring to take chances - but safe ones (e.g. going from pump to injections for a change of pace)
Introverted - think having diabetes has made me this way
Advancing age is making me realise how far we’ve gone in making diabetes easier to mange (most times)
Brave - putting on my blue cape to help others understand diabetes a little bit more (see S below)
Escape - sometimes I’d love to know what it would be like to not be diabetic - would it be any different?
Time involved daily in keeping logs / maintaining health - something I try not to think about - too mind boggling
Equality - sometimes having diabetes can make people question what and if you can do it (huh???)
Silliness on my part when trying to help someone out with their diabetic probs and trying to make them feel better.

Excellent

perfect

Love it, Danny! :smiley:

Determined to overcome
In spite of, or because of it
All,
But
Eh…
Tired and
Exhausted
So often by the day’s end.

Determination
Insight
Always
Blood
Exercise
Technology
Enduring/endless
Survive

Don’t
Invest
A
Bunch of
Energy
Trying
Every
Slice of cake on the plate

Daily In Anticipation, Braving Every Test, Everyday Surviving…

Dawn Phenomenon
Its 3am
and
blood test again
exhausted
take control
extra insulin
Sucks now my pump is beeping…

Good one Terry.

I prefer Livabetes. Diabetes just sounds so danged depressing :smiley:

ha

Then there’s Diabetophile

C.J., there are tons of opportunities as an adult with diabetes to tour your neighborhood–if not the world–and tell people how a good outlook is so beneficial.

A few examples: volunteer to lead a chronic illness support group, visit newly diagnosed kids and their families, volunteer at a JDRF, ADA, TCOYD event.

And there ARE carnivals for people with diabetes–places like tudiabetes. Where we laugh, share, challenge each other and ourselves. Yes, we’re all allowed to have down days, months, even years. I’ve certainly let myself experience plenty of down times in 36+ years with diabetes.

It’s fine to be realistic. But trying to dampen someone’s sense of hope? That’s not right.

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way CJ…there are times when we all feel this way; when everything is dark. I hope you’ll climb out of the dark hollow you’re presently in…that’s one of the reasons why we have support groups such as this one.
Luv ya…and please stay tuned…
linda

Doing things I most likely wouldn’t want to do under any circumstances — testing

ingesting meds that cause me to get fat

anger

being conscious of every morsel that goes in my mouth

eating vegetables 24/7

taking the time to journal and test 4 times a day

enjoying life inspite of “D”

speaking out for more research for a cure