Sticky eyes

Hi,
For last few days, I have observed that my eyes feel sticky in the night. Last night it was around 2 am. I checked the blood sugar and it was in 90s,
In the morning I was feeling little pain in the eyes.
Anybody has any experience about this.? How do I go about it.
Some background about my condition.
I am a lada and keep my blood sugar in good control by insulin , diet and excercise. I started on insulin 3 months back and do bolus only.

Have your eyes been red? Is there any goop? It sounds like it could either be dry eyes or an infection. I'm leaning towards dry eyes because it's getting towards winter, when the air is drier.

Eyes don't look red.No goop either.
The winters have just started and we have the heat on. So the air is drier, I agree.
However I haven't felt it during day when the air is equally dry.
I will try to start humidifier and see if it helps.

Thanks !!

Actually, I find my eyes and nose are much drier at night because the heat is up higher (to compensate for the fact that it's colder at night).

I hope the humidifier helps!

I've always had dry eyes, so contacts never worked well for me. I'm not sure if my T1D contributes to that or not. When you say sticky, it might just be a temporary respiratory thing, but if it goes on more than a couple more days, might want to check with a GP or your ophthalmologist just to make sure it's not an infection of some kind. I like the humidifier idea, definitely try that first.

I would go to your eye doctor if it doesn't resolve just in case you have an infection and or dry eye. It could just be dry eye as everyone says. I had that leading up to diabetes, very severely( mine started out with what seemed like conjunctivitis), I still use drops and moisture goggles at night. I have stopped a humidifier at night due to various reasons but that helps a lot too. Motorcycle sunglasses/goggles during the day will help dry eyes also. Dry eye needs to be cared for since it can cause a lot of damage to your eyes over time.

There are many different causes of dry eye, in my case it was diagnosed as ocular rosacea but I think the D was obviously playing a big role also.

I have been using humidifier but it's still there.
I am going to check with the eye doctor.

Thanks everyone !